Sign in to follow this  

Gripper seat cover repair?

So I went for a ride with my newly installed griper seat cover, and of course I lost it on a big log and ripped my seat cover. Any ideas on how to patch/repair it? Was thinking putting a large inter tube patch on the inside and maybe a piece of rubber on the outside?

Does anyone have any experience doing this? The season opener is coming up, and don't want to rip the cover all the way.

I'm a huge fan of ShoeGoo. The stuff is awesome and it's held together a few seat covers for me. I pull the seat cover off and patch from the inside. I have an old cover to cut patches from. Make a patch, clean everything really well with alcohol, put the shoegoo on and stick it together. Put something heavy on it to hold it together and leave it be overnight. Let it dry fully and you'll be good to go.

I once used this stuff to stick a huge knobby back on a Super Swamper 4x4 tire as a joke. I prepped it really well first and stuck it together then parked the truck with that knob on the ground overnight. The knob stayed on for a year of wheeling. Not bad for just screwing around!