Sign in to follow this  

Riding my 08 KX450F in HD @ MI & SC

hey guys just thought i would share some footage of me riding at Baja Acres in MI, Palmetto in SC, and a few other locations.

Decided to sell it this year, im a good 125lbs and just couldnt corner the thing lol. But it was still a really fun bike.

Ill be getting some video on my 2011 CRF250R this year and my eric gorr 295 YZ250.

Edited by avoidthedog

Good riding man! How did you like Palmetto? Did you ride anywhere else down here?

I liked it alot! The soil was more what im used to in michigan there. We had a ton of footage from jimmy weinerts training facility and palmetto sx track but i lost the memory card at the track! was so bummed.

We went down there for a couple weeks and only rode those two tracks. I would like to go down there again sometime though, any reccomendations on where to ride?

And yeah the beginning clip was the 140fter at baja, love that track!

Edited by avoidthedog

I would recommend Aonia Pass Mx. its about a half an hour into GA but its an awesome track IMO.

http://www.aonia-pass-mx.com/

Another place you might want to try is Compound MX. Its in Edgefield SC, and Ive never been there, but have heard its an awesome track. Unfortunately their practice schedule is a little funky.

http://www.compoundmx.com/

I just checked and they don't seem to have any practices scheduled a the moment, but check when ever you make another trip.

TNT in Chester SC might be another one to check out. They are a bit expensive though if your only going there one time a year.

http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com/

There are videos on Youtube of all these places you can check out to give you an idea of the tracks.

Aonia Pass regularly reverses the direction of the track, so it will be most likely be a little different than you see on the videos.

Palmetto Just reversed the sand track and redid the sx track, so you should try them again since you liked it the first time.

I liked it alot! The soil was more what im used to in michigan there. We had a ton of footage from jimmy weinerts training facility and palmetto sx track but i lost the memory card at the track! was so bummed.

We went down there for a couple weeks and only rode those two tracks. I would like to go down there again sometime though, any reccomendations on where to ride?

And yeah the beginning clip was the 140fter at baja, love that track!

Pretty sick dude!, maybe i'll see ya at the track this summer!

Forsure man what bike you run and what number?

I would recommend Aonia Pass Mx. its about a half an hour into GA but its an awesome track IMO.

Another place you might want to try is Compound MX. Its in Edgefield SC, and Ive never been there, but have heard its an awesome track. Unfortunately their practice schedule is a little funky.

I just checked and they don't seem to have any practices scheduled a the moment, but check when ever you make another trip.

TNT in Chester SC might be another one to check out. They are a bit expensive though if your only going there one time a year.

There are videos on Youtube of all these places you can check out to give you an idea of the tracks.

Aonia Pass regularly reverses the direction of the track, so it will be most likely be a little different than you see on the videos.

Palmetto Just reversed the sand track and redid the sx track, so you should try them again since you liked it the first time.

Thanks for the info man ill for sure check it out! You guys are lucky out there in south carolina.. Its so cheap for track fees there and the tracks are actually open on weekdays PLUS outdoor sx tracks! They are such a blast to ride and hard to find in MI

Thanks for the info man ill for sure check it out! You guys are lucky out there in south carolina.. Its so cheap for track fees there and the tracks are actually open on weekdays PLUS outdoor sx tracks! They are such a blast to ride and hard to find in MI

I guess I didn't realize how nice we have it. A couple months ago there were a few other tracks that were very good, but had to close down. But we are lucky to still have the ones we do.

What bike and number you run? And where else do you usually ride?

come to nc lance

I would like to, what area you from?

What bike and number you run? And where else do you usually ride?

I would like to, what area you from?

Don't have a bike right now, so il have to let you know what color i end up with when i get it haha, and im number 603

i usually ride at freelin or up at MPX in sebewaing, only cause i havent bought a ama membership this year. I'm going to try and get out to baja this year as well as much as i can!

well right now im like 30 min away from jwtf at his new place crystal coast, living in the Jacksonville area so there are like 5 tracks all within 3- hours of me, but that will prob. only be for like 5 more months than im coming back to Grand Rapids

I'd say scratch TNT in Chester as it's probably one of the most neglected tracks around. In it's place you should definantly try Hog Heaven and County Line. Both of those tracks are awesome.

I'd say scratch TNT in Chester as it's probably one of the most neglected tracks around. In it's place you should definantly try Hog Heaven and County Line. Both of those tracks are awesome.

When was the last time you were there? I went about a year and a half ago and like you said, it was run down. But I have heard that recently they had been keeping the tracks up nicely. If Im wrong, then wouldn't recommend it.

When was the last time you were there? I went about a year and a half ago and like you said, it was run down. But I have heard that recently they had been keeping the tracks up nicely. If Im wrong, then wouldn't recommend it.

I've been atleast once a week so far this year and I was there yesterday. They seem to have a problem with water or should I say lack-there-of. As you know the place is hard red clay and their idea of grooming is ripping it deep with a disc, dry and leaving it like that. So what you get in place's are big boulders of clay that might as well be rocks and the rest is hard pack with loose peebles on top. You always hear guys walking around the pics complaining about it and you never see the same people there twice and after yesterday it'll be awhile before I go back thats for sure. It's a shame to because they've got all the equipment, a water source, and the location to have a great facility but seems like they just don't care.

I've been atleast once a week so far this year and I was there yesterday. They seem to have a problem with water or should I say lack-there-of. As you know the place is hard red clay and their idea of grooming is ripping it deep with a disc, dry and leaving it like that. So what you get in place's are big boulders of clay that might as well be rocks and the rest is hard pack with loose peebles on top. You always hear guys walking around the pics complaining about it and you never see the same people there twice and after yesterday it'll be awhile before I go back thats for sure. It's a shame to because they've got all the equipment, a water source, and the location to have a great facility but seems like they just don't care.

Wow, that sounds just like it used to be. Thanks for the heads up.