Sign in to follow this  

112 Supermini vs. 125

Of course. The power to weight ratio between the two is huge. Just on a bike that has been moved up to a 112 makes a lot of power. Adding high compression to that makes more. The handling of the 112 is going to be night and day also. If someone puts the effort and money into that bike most should be much better than the average rider on a 125. The 112 could beat someone on a 125 without having to ride the crap out of the bike.

right now im building a 112... so i cant wait to see what it has.......im gonna run it against a couple of my friends 125's lol..... it will be a fast little play bike hahah..BRAAAAAAP

Remember that the service life for the engine components will be a lot shorter than they normally are. Expect 3 to 4 hour ring changes and 8 hours on a top end. Mix the gas slightly richer (26:1) to help it last. Rich gas:oil means more lube= more horsepower also.

Not yet. I'm going to do it on my RM once the bottom end goes out. I have the book sold by Eric Gorr that shows you all the steps to turning the bike into a 112. I'll post how to do it on here later tonight. You might want to add a Boyesen Supercooler because the 112's put out too much heat. If you are a faster rider its definitely going to be a good investment on it. Running cooler will also help extend the life of the motor parts. You are doing this on a KX 100 right?

that's awesome your doing it too a rm, and yes im doing it too a kx100 ... the motor is all done eric gorr did the work, hes working on my old 100 cylinder right now (stock bore, but i got pc powervalve, and pc governor spring but hes milling the head... the other motor is eric's 112 kit and ported for mid to top and also DP clutch but the motor was originally and 85.... i got the motor fresh at a awesome price....Eric was surprised i paid 900 for it... ...eric verified what was done to it when i called him ...i bought the motor from a guy that was switching over to rm's. anyways i will be getting the super cooler and also consider the fluidyne rad that is bigger than stock .... also JBFL a member on here recommended a 30 laser temp gun (awesome idea....THANKS) which i will be getting...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc1260e02

100_3277.jpg

had to switch out the old frame because the other one had a crack in it.... i just got the front end on and waiting on the grease to come in so i can pack the bearings and adjust it

Edited by ZTownsend

The radiator from a KX450F may also fit that bike. In the newest transworld mx it says Cincaraulo has it on his bike. may need mods though. Mishimoto sells radiator caps for $35 that has a temperature gauge on it so you won't need the temperature gun. Cool that you have the aftermarket powervalve on it. How much top end pull did it gain from that?

sweet....il have to check out the radiator on my 450f see if they line up and il take some measurements.... and il look for that rad cap. thats pretty sick!!.. i havent ran the motor yet with the pc powervalve... its to cold right now for me lol...its high 30's low 40's here in new york.... but i will def. keep you posted...

Edited by ZTownsend

I hadn't looked at where you lived. I'm too used to being able to ride all year long in this phoenix heat haha. :bonk:

• Like 1

ya to bad we cant get phoenix weather here ...lol.... i started on a suzuki . no reason to hate...never had any serious problems... and i ran that thing lol

I haven't either. Anything that went wrong was us forgetting to attach something or bolt something down. What was the first bike?

i almost bought a ktm 50 pro senior .... just to mess around on but ended up not getting it... how are they ??

Been too long to remember. It topped out around 30 mph. Acceleration was okay. LOTS of maintenance needed to keep it running though. The clutch shoes cracked on mine and broke the outer drum, twisted the crankshaft, and cracked a hole in the clutch case.