YZ450f forks on yz125?

If they use the stock triple clamps, they would fit, no problem. If they use different clamps, you would have to use the stem from your 125 in the clamps from the 450.

And, unless you are huge, or SX pro fast, I'm sure they would need to be re-sprung.

You will have to be the judge of if it's worth the hassel.

If they use the stock triple clamps, they would fit, no problem. If they use different clamps, you would have to use the stem from your 125 in the clamps from the 450.

And, unless you are huge, or SX pro fast, I'm sure they would need to be re-sprung.

You will have to be the judge of if it's worth the hassel.

Ah ok ill have to sus it out.

They have been resprung for 85kg which is perfect for me.

Yea ill see what happens.

Thanks

The springs will be way too stiff compared to the stock springs, but still they are a very minor issue.

You can change out fork springs in under 20 minutes without taking the forks off the bike.

The big issue is suspension valving. Four stroke valving is VERY different compared with two stroke valving.

It's not just the weight of the bike or even the weight distribution. It's also the way the engines deliver power.

In my opinion, if you don't have a competent guy to revalve the 450 stuff, you'll be way better off with stock two stroke components.

I just bought some stock fork springs and a rear titanium spring from a 450f to put in my new yz250 because for my weight and style of riding it was a perfect match due to the lower dry weights between the 2 bikes. I also have an 06 yz 450f in my garage and when I checked see if the front fork internals were compatable (they are) I found the shim stacks to be completely different as the poster above mentioned. Might make the bike act funny.

Edited by primerib108