Sign in to follow this  

Tennessee Recommended Riding in Kentucky / Tennessee

All,

I'm trying to locate a good place to take the family riding in Kentucky/Tennessee. I've got 3 boys, 11,12, and 14. They've all been riding for ~1 year, I'd put them at begginner - they've all got things pretty well down but haven't ridden in really hilly areas / jumps / etc. I'd put myself at intermediate+. We'll be trailing the bikes behind our RV so the ideal place would have full hookup camping nearby. I've looked at Coal Creek, Hatfield McCoy and a few others but at hoping someone here can give me a recommendation. Key thing is to make it fun (smaller hills, small jumps, some flat areas) for the kids but don't want to get in over our heads. We're looking to go in late March and will be heading down from the Chicago area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Google Turkey Bay/Land between the lakes. It's in southern KY about 45 minutes from the TN border. They have camping options for RVs. It has a really nice main loop for novice to intermediate riders as well as expert trails.

We ave a group looking from Chicago looking to make a trip real soon....lbl is on the radar for us.

+1 on LBL. It sounds like a perfect fit. There is a great main loop and miles of quad trails off the main. The common complaint is that the trails are two way. It's not as much of an issue on the secondary trails because they're not as fast, but beware on the main loop. It's a wide trail with a lot of blind corners, and people don't always stay on the right side.

Lbl is a nice place to ride miles and miles of trail some super tech areas plus real novice type riding to . My wife rides there and she does just fine. I have a blast and ride alone most the time, so if you guys make a trip and need someone in the area I'm down to ride look me up . Also additional note turley bay at lbl is also open to 4x4, jeeps, rails , razrs, buggys, crawlers Ect Ect you make it you'll see it at turkey bay. Open year round 15$ for 1-3day pass camp at the trails for free.

As of right now, Turkey Bay OHV trails are closed. http://www.lbl.org/TrailsUpdate.html If you can do it in the beginning of April instead of end of March, the MTDR Spring Ride would fit the bill. The novice loop is fun, but could have a challenging (for a novice) hill or two. I think there are some RV hookups if you get there early enough.  http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1061387-mtdr-spring-ride/

Edited by EagleFreek

Anyone ?! I'm ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397311739.590840.jpg

headed to turkey bay today anyone wanna ride ? .. I'll he parked the last right hand turn off the main road next to the mail trail towards the waters edge. Look for my truck black gmc sierra w/black tool box. Come out and ride. !!!!