Sign in to follow this  

DR650 Project

Hey everybody. Right now I am in the middle of a project on my 08 DR650SE and before I move on I was hoping to get some advice from people that have already done a similar project. The bike is all stock, but i just put on a DG R series silencer, and removed the air box snorkel and opened up the top of the air box just like on my DRZ400. My next step is jetting, and I have very little experience with it so I was hoping to get some help. As of now, the Mikuni carb still has the stock 140 main (which i know will have to go bigger), the 42.5 pilot, and stock fuel air screw settings.

Right now the bike will fire up, idle nice, and rev up on neutral. I tried taking it for a ride around the block to hear the new pipe and at about half throttle it starts to pop and wont rev any higher. Any advice on jetting would be appreciated. I ride in WI and MN at +/- 1000 feet above sea level. I know right now with the cool winter temps it will be hard to get it dialed in perfect until spring but i would like to get it as close as i can now.

Hey everybody. Right now I am in the middle of a project on my 08 DR650SE and before I move on I was hoping to get some advice from people that have already done a similar project. The bike is all stock, but i just put on a DG R series silencer, and removed the air box snorkel and opened up the top of the air box just like on my DRZ400. My next step is jetting, and I have very little experience with it so I was hoping to get some help. As of now, the Mikuni carb still has the stock 140 main (which i know will have to go bigger), the 42.5 pilot, and stock fuel air screw settings.

Right now the bike will fire up, idle nice, and rev up on neutral. I tried taking it for a ride around the block to hear the new pipe and at about half throttle it starts to pop and wont rev any higher. Any advice on jetting would be appreciated. I ride in WI and MN at +/- 1000 feet above sea level. I know right now with the cool winter temps it will be hard to get it dialed in perfect until spring but i would like to get it as close as i can now.

You need to buy either the Procycle or DJ jet kit. Both have a needle with the appropriate taper to handle the increased air flow of the modded box. Just changing the main jet won't fix the mid throttle lean issue. Leave the stock 42.5 pilot jet in place. Personally I'd choose the Procycle kit as it comes with a proper spacer for the top of the short needle to keep the needle in position and the return spring plastic guide straight like it should be. Both kits come with a selection of main jets.

Order the Procycle jet kit.

It will give you what you need.

Don't waste your time wioth the stock needle and jets since your mods have put you beyond its range.