Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket pistons?

What's the purpose?

Do they work better because they are anodized gold? :smirk:

Can a company like "tace reck" really outsmart a huge company like kayaba or showa?

I don't think so....

So are there any applications for a gold piston or are they just making 130 bucks on a 10 dollar bling piston?

I'm not sure there is other than making your wallet lighter.

The latest piston has options to preload the shim stacks but thats as much as I know about the differences to std, you can preload with a ring shim like on the ktm 250 anyway

Mostly its just more money Imo

we used a cnc machine to alter the oem pistions for mod. the finish was very good. basically we preloaded the bv. one other member here has tested my modded stock piston with good results. however, the rci pistons worked better than the modded oem pistons. for cost purposes/testing time the rci pistons are a better way to go. not all aftermarket pistons are created equal.

GDI:

How much preload are we talking about?

why not using a ringshim?

I would like to try the G2r "taco" piston. Aside from that product...I would gladly trade the gold valves from customer bikes for the stock pistons. They just throw off my settings. One had a bleed hole so large that we had effectively no rebound damping. I had to pull the shock apart and plug the hole with epoxy.

GDI:

How much preload are we talking about?

why not using a ringshim?

i only used .10 of preload. i'm still testing. sent you a pm.

marc