Sign in to follow this  

What valves does a 2010 450x have, SS or titanium?

Ah ok, I want to have valves that last as long as they can and need less maintenance, so should i change the titanium ones to steel?

Honda ships all CRFX motors with Titanium coated intake valves, that are not lapped, and are supposed to 'self lap' . This process is not self destructive in itself, it's just a nusanance; you have to replace all the intake valve parts and 5-angle grind the seats, to get a long-life intake valve train. The exhaust valves do not have this problem. The CRFR models have a different kind of intake valve since 2009, and last twice as long, but still 1/5 as long as the exhaust valves. Many riders use Honda TRX valves (super reliable) when it's time to replace the stuff.

So should I replace my titanium intake valves with Stainless steel ?

Not untill you need too. You posted your only going to ride on the road so you may not need valves for a very long time.

There's a nice on on Ebay for £100, Think i'll buy them now and when i get to 1000 miles maybe? change them, its at 197 miles now and just been serviced

There's a nice on on Ebay for £100, Think i'll buy them now and when i get to 1000 miles maybe? change them, its at 197 miles now and just been serviced

Change them when you loose valve clearance.

Honda ships all CRFX motors with Titanium coated intake valves, that are not lapped, and are supposed to 'self lap' . This process is not self destructive in itself, it's just a nusanance; you have to replace all the intake valve parts and 5-angle grind the seats, to get a long-life intake valve train. The exhaust valves do not have this problem. The CRFR models have a different kind of intake valve since 2009, and last twice as long, but still 1/5 as long as the exhaust valves. Many riders use Honda TRX valves (super reliable) when it's time to replace the stuff.

Do you need TRX intake and exhaust valves, or just intake? Will TRX valves make both exhaust and intake valves last about the same amount of time, or is it still about 5:1?