Sign in to follow this  

Zach Peddie #325 - Throwing it Down at Chaney Ranch - 12 Feb 2012

Ed Piccozi invited a few folks over for the weekend at his private ranch in Warner Springs and it was motocross heaven!!! A small group of friends had the pleasure of riding a beautifully laid out and perfectly prepared, private track on Saturday and Sunday. The temperature was cool with a gentle breeze. No crowds, no idiots.

Seen here is Zach Peddie riding my '09 Honda CRF 450R (set up for me/205 lbs - Zach is 165 lbs). Although Zach said the front end was knifing on him, he was consistently laying down 2:45's and putting on a show for everybody. Thanx Zach....I am embarrassed to ride my own motorcycle now!!!

Here are some pics of the place/riders taken in 2010:

http://www.motovatio...0/chaney-ranch/

Edited by kenjgood

embed it like this i think

Video is sick thanks for sharing. SERIOUSLY he is riding that 450 so hard its like he's on a 250f..

Edited by avoidthedog
  • Like 1

The link I posted takes your right to 720p. It's much nicer to a watch in the higher resolution.

I can't wait to get back out there! Hope Ed has more ride days in the near future.

The camera angle is facing to far down IMO.

Man when we drive through Warner springs on the way to O Wells I always look at the land and think there must be tracks out here.

Yes the camera was a bit too low....Need to get the back screen viewer to ensure alignment.

Top End: If I give my bike to Zach again, I am going to charge him $10 a minute.....

Lol thats what I figured!!! Nice seeing your bike ridden like that though right? Not trying to be a smart ass but how often does your 450 get bounced off the rev limiter like that? I know mine hardly ever see's it unless I scrub something and never let off or Im nose low of course. That dude straight up hauls!

I am used to hearing my bike on my GoPro, basically sounding like it's idling...Then I hear this...Like I told somebody else, I might as well just give him my bike as I will never ride it that fast.

He over-cleared the Signature step-up which if you hit ramp on the right side will let you glide over and down the hill, 120-140 feet

Everybody in watching on top was blown-away. Ed Picozzi, the track owner said it was about 200'.

If you go to 1:19 on the video you can see a "normal" landing. When he over-cleared it, he landed about 10' up the hill from tree on the left

He basically hit at the bottom of the massive hill. Zach told me he was glad my suspension was stiff and was not used to riding a FI 450....Whatever you say Zach...

For you haters our there, this is not sped up. His is very fast. Here is what he did last year on a stock Yamaha 250: