Sign in to follow this  

Need new intakes soon...

So Im more than likely going to need new intake vales, but my exhaust valves have never had to be shimmed, so can I just do an intake valve job and have just the intakes seats cut blah blah. Annnd moose makes a full intake valve kit for like 200ish are they of snuggle of good quality? Or should I just get kibble and oem guides seats buckets and springs?

You can change the intake and leave the exhaust valves alone and be good to go. As for the kibblewhite SS valves, they are excellent quality and a lot more reliable than the oem, but you must change for kibblewhite spring to compensante the heavier weight of the valves.

alright! just making sure! after a transmission gas and other various truck related expenses my reserves are pretty low!

any sugguested shops relatively close to eastern iowa i could drive it or send it to to get the seats cut? if i don't send it away could i have just a machine shop do it?

It was a complete rebuild. All new valves. Ti intakes and steel exhaust. All new springs and hardware. Copper valve seats. Bronze exhaust guides. The head was already ported so he just blended the new guides to the ports to keep it flowing good. He even shimmed it for me so all I had to do was bolt it up when I got it back. Checked the valves a few times this last riding season basicly March of last year to January of this year and the valve clearances never changed. And Im not afraid to hit the rev-limiter sometimes too. If you want all steel valves he can do that too. Price depends on what you want done.