Sign in to follow this  

2-stroke Pipe dents

I was on you tube and saw a guy cap off both ends, pump air in to his pipe about 25psi and heated it up with a torch. that doesnt look safe at all and was wondering if i could put water in it the freeze it or are there other methods to this problem. and would any of these methods screw with the plating or discolor it?

There's lots of info on here about that. I like the freeze method. I just fill up the pipe (usually its just the header section of the pipe that's dented) with water so the area that is dented will have frozen water in it. I don't like to fill the entire pipe with water unless it is needed because that will most likely result in a burst pipe. Even if you only fill the pipe up partially you still run a risk of having the pipe burst or split at the seams where its welded. I'd just do some research and pick what method you want to try. Or you could always send the pipe into pcpr.

The freeze method often takes multiple freezes and thaws to work. I've had luck with it so far but others will tell you they broke a pipe using this. You also need a decent sized deep freezer to do this. I had to transport a bunch of stuff from the deep freezer to the fridge freezer so I had space to fit my pipe in the deep freezer.

Edited by 79yamdt

Yeah, heat will discolor it. That's just what heat does. We've always used the heat pressure method. Not safe (those plugs can really haul ass across a shop if they pop out)but fast and effective.

Edited by Ih8Hondas