Park to Park trail

Ontario

Does anybody know about/ or has ridden on the Park to Park trail. It looks like it runs from Killbear park to algonquin park with riding possible on a large part of it.

www.parktoparktrail.com

anyways I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if its worth checking out

cheers John

I've never ridden it but a few of us are going up April 7th to check it out. We are parking at the rest stop off the 400 and heading east to 11. Most likely 3 to 5 quads and 2 to 4 bikes are coming, meet us there if you'd like.

On a side note if you're in that area we hit the logging roads off of 522 (hour north) a few times a year and they're fun as well.

Hey Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it. I am fairly new to offroad riding, so it would be good to meet up and ride with a group. What sort of bikes are you guys riding? What kind of riders are you? keep me up to date on the ride

I am not from the area but might be interested in the logging roads.

Well the group is a decent size but obviously not everyone makes it everytime we go out. Guaranteed show is a trx450, yfz450, dvx400, 400ex, predator, crf 250 and a kx250 ( i think that's what it is) There's also a crf450, yzf250 and 2 raptors that make it out sometimes, too. Most of us are from Barrie / Newmarket areas. Majority of the time we trail ride.

Sounds good, I am riding a Suzuki TS 200R that I have ripped apart right now. So this is good motivation to get it back together a little faster.

my brother and i may be interested in joining possibly, we both kinda new at the offroad bike thing, i have a crf230f and my brother has a yz125

Hi guys!Last year I got KTM 450 racing bike no trail bike,went riding with my cousins and son in west virginia-happy trails in the mountains.Can I ride this bike in ontario on logging roads?Any permits required?Cops patrolling trails?Is it very muddy out there?

I don't know what exactly the rules are for park to park, I do know that you need to have a trail permit from them and I would think that you would have to be insured and either have a trail or road plate

The penalty for operating a vehicle without insurance is presently $5000. THIS IS NOT A MISPRINT. The fine is equal to the price of a new bike. An exception to the license plate and insurance rule is, if the owner belongs to an organization and engages in sanctioned, closed course competition (motocross, hare scrambles, trials etc.). However, this doesn't allow the owner to use the vehicle anywhere other than that sanctioned event or his private property.

In Ontario we have a set of laws called the Off-Road Vehicle Act. This act or law governs off-road motorcycles, three and four wheel ATV's, Odysseys and dune buggies. Powered wheelchairs are exempt but might not be if they are powered by a performance two-stroke engine and equipped with knobby tires.

The act is specific in that every vehicle must be registered. If the vehicle is used anywhere other then the registered owner's property, it must carry a license plate.

For more infor check out the OFTR < Ontario Federation of Trail Riders >

don't get your expectations up to high for the park to park or seguin trail as it is an old rail line

so it is mostly straight choppy/ moguled gravel wide trail with a few puddles on it

this time of year it might not be to dusty but in the summer it is so dusty I won't follow any one

you have to hang back at least a minute or so just to see and not spit out dust balls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO they do expect to sell you a permit for this trail - fairly expensive and only good for this 75km trail

not good value for the $$$ - but you may think otherwise ????

Hallo to all! What about these loggong roard off hwy 400? Have ya any encounters with the cops?My racing bike would be a pain to register.In Us it is easier.

The penalty for operating a vehicle without insurance is presently $5000. THIS IS NOT A MISPRINT. The fine is equal to the price of a new bike. An exception to the license plate and insurance rule is, if the owner belongs to an organization and engages in sanctioned, closed course competition (motocross, hare scrambles, trials etc.). However, this doesn't allow the owner to use the vehicle anywhere other than that sanctioned event or his private property.

In Ontario we have a set of laws called the Off-Road Vehicle Act. This act or law governs off-road motorcycles, three and four wheel ATV's, Odysseys and dune buggies. Powered wheelchairs are exempt but might not be if they are powered by a performance two-stroke engine and equipped with knobby tires.

The act is specific in that every vehicle must be registered. If the vehicle is used anywhere other then the registered owner's property, it must carry a license plate.

For more infor check out the OFTR < Ontario Federation of Trail Riders >

Well, apparently dirtbikes aren't considered to be off road vehicles anymore... :thumbsup:

I've never ridden it but a few of us are going up April 7th to check it out. We are parking at the rest stop off the 400 and heading east to 11. Most likely 3 to 5 quads and 2 to 4 bikes are coming, meet us there if you'd like.

On a side note if you're in that area we hit the logging roads off of 522 (hour north) a few times a year and they're fun as well.

Hey Saifa

did you guys end up riding park to park? how was it?