Tailgate net on a Trailer?

I have a harbor freights 4x8 trailer. I used 2x4 treated wood for the front and sides but I can't decide what to do with the back. I don't like the idea of leaving it open because I pack my gear and other stuff back there so I don't want it blowing out. I've thought about constructing a fold down ramp but that would add a lot of weight plus cost more $$.

I saw a truck today with one of those tailgate nets made of vinyl polyester or whatever it is and figured that might not be a bad idea for my trailer. I realize it probably wouldn't stop my bike from falling out the back if it some how came loose from the wheel chock and handle bar tie downs. I just want something that would keep my gear and toolbox from sliding out. The trailer is only a foot from the ground so loading/unloading the biek isn't an issue either.

What do you guys think? They go for about $25 on Amazon.

i have a 6x10 utility tilt trailer that I refurbished. it's got a wood floor but nothing on the sides except for the angle iron. it has two peices of channel iron on the back where a 2x8 used to slide into but since redoing the trailer i've yet to put that peice of wood back there. i always thought it was too heavy to take off and on so i was seriously considering going the same route as you.

I did a short foling ramp out of 2X6 when I had mine. 2 "ramps" with a cross brace. It wasn't that heavy and was sorta conveinent. You could probably use 2X4, too.

If a net would fit w/o floping around, that sounds like a good option. But, the trailer is only 4ft wide.

I said it would work, but it might look a little ghetto depending on how well you get it mounted. It will certainly get the job done for a minimal cost, which is what I thought you were looking for. It really doesn't provide positive containment properties, i.e. it won't hold in a trailer load of rocks, but a few gear bags will be no problem. That may be why more guys aren't doing it that way.