Sign in to follow this  

Full circle ...... ?

Well I am on the wrong side of 50 and a dirt bike nutter. Started my riding many years ago on Suzuki TS185's, and lots of them. Friend used to hire them out of his shop then went o to be one of the biggest Suzuki/KTM dealers in out state. Loved them 185's bullet proof and went for ever. Lot of miles passed under my butt since then, riding all sorts of beasts. The list is too long to recall here. But the last few years have seen me thrashing the bejesus out KTM530EXC, Husaberg FE570, Honda CRF450X, DRz400, Husqvarna TE450 and 510.

Injuries over the years have caught up with me and last year had operation number 8 on my knee's and had a plate put in the right, with instructions "No more riding" (what do doctors know eh?)

Anyway, ziz just can't bear the thought of NO MORE, so I figure I would just scale back and be the sweep for the next generation of trail riders. Whilst recovering from the op all sorts of options ran through my head. Lighter 2 strokes, 250 4 strokes ECT...... but NOT giving up !

Anyway, as luck would have it I managed to pick up an old 1990 Suzuki TS(ER) 185 in micky mouse condition ! Only 11,000 kms (7000 miles) all original. All the blinkers, lights and carrier racks, EVERYTHING, all there and in amazing nick. One owner by an old geezeer as a daily commute bike to work. These things are starting to fetch good $$$ now as they are becoming older and more collectable.

Hopped on her today and did a short squirt to get the feel again. 171 kms later I hopped of with a grin from ear to ear. I had forgotten how much fun they were way back then, still fun now. Starts first kick every time, goes like the clappers and is going to keep me very happy.

Had forgotten that there is no engine braking on the first corner, and a quick fistful of brakes seen me pull up in the nick of time. Then there is the fact that you have to rev a 2 banger to get her going, soon adjusted to that.

Now I am just scooting all over the place and enjoying bikes once more and the lightness that this bike brings is going to be kind to my knee. So I have done the full circle TS185 through the whole range of bikes back to a TS185 all over again.

2-2.gif

3-2.gif

4-2.gif

1-3.gif

Love it !!!

Edited by eyspy
  • Like 3