Sign in to follow this  

Sold my 2001 CR 250 for a 2007 YZ450f ?

Just sold my 2001 Cr250 for a 2007 yz450f , i keep getting the feeling i should have stuck with the two stroke. The Cr was a amazing bike and ran phenominal but the frame was splintered longways. I sold it and got a 2007 Yz450f for 700$ more. Do you think this was a good idea, The yz is a 2007 with a 2009 motor , brand new rim and sand paddle tire never used as well as the stand and all the tools.Very good shape but my cr250 was blinged out with metal mulisha , protaper bars skid plate , rotor guard everything for a trail bike. What do you think good move ? ill try to post a pic of the two. Not finished with the yz yet though

My CR250R

bikepics-2242498-full.jpg

My YZ450f

bikepics-2347996-full.jpg

Well, hey man, you’ve already done it. So put some gas in that Yamaha, don’t look back, and go ride!!

Edited by youngztr

Put some blue plastics on that YZ and a white rear fender and that thing will look clean as hell. Why do you run Mulisha stuff do you ride freestyle? It looks to me like you got an awesome deal on that 450 if it was only 700 more. That is a way better bike than that 01 CR and will be awesome cornering compared to the CR. You did good. Take those rims and hubs to get powdercoated and it will really be blinged out.

Like the post above me said....just ride man...you odn't need us to reassure you that was a good deal.

Just sold my 2001 Cr250 for a 2007 yz450f , i keep getting the feeling i should have stuck with the two stroke. The Cr was a amazing bike and ran phenominal but the frame was splintered longways. I sold it and got a 2007 Yz450f for 700$ more. Do you think this was a good idea, The yz is a 2007 with a 2009 motor , brand new rim and sand paddle tire never used as well as the stand and all the tools.Very good shape but my cr250 was blinged out with metal mulisha , protaper bars skid plate , rotor guard everything for a trail bike. What do you think good move ? ill try to post a pic of the two. Not finished with the yz yet though

Im confused...you say this like it's a good thing.

• Like 1

ha ha , yeah blinged out lol , yeah i have some rad guards and a skidplate , new grips , new barkbusters and some rockstar graphics to add to the Yamaha , i think its going to be a blast to ride , just have to wait until the snow melts.

The Cr was a amazing bike and ran phenominal but the frame was splintered longways

What?! I think anything is an improvement over a bike with a broken frame. CR's are great but I think the YZ will serve you well. As others have said ride an enjoy, and please don't put MM stuff all over the nice clean YZ. I'd go back to blue if I were you, but thats opinion.

I also agree with putting the stock plastics back on. Ive also never been a fan of black plastics. :bonk: