Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Can Jake Weimer be a threat with the new attitude

With the interview with Erin he was a liitle upset about being taken out and says he will come back with a new attitude, I think he if he guards his line better he wouldnt get taken out as much and he has the speed to win but if he becomes to aggressive in the corners then the likes of RV CR JS RD will show their experience ,that in my opinion would be the wrong type of attitude

Edited by kimberley rider

He's a baby. He rode a guy high in the LCQ and then he cries when the exact same thing happens to him in the main. I think he is all talk and will not back up anything he said in his interview with Erin. With that said, he definitely has the speed to run top 5, I don't know about top 2 but certainly top 5.

MAX!!!

• Like 3

Good point Kimberley! Attitude is very important. Weimer is on the bubble and is working hard. Alot of guys are just hanging back and racing well, but aren't pushin the envelope enough. Weimer to me is trying to get after it. I think he believes he can beat RV and is trying to figure that out. That's what I respect about Weimer. Canard had that same "attitude" last year and it paid off. I've always said, it's a different race up front. I don't think it's necassarily much faster but alot of the guys aren't willing to get into that fight. With Weimer he wants to get in that battle because it's there you learn how to win.

People speak about confidence all the time but I think it's a person's attitude that makes the difference between winning or losing in sports and all aspects of life. I just wish the field would step their games up and get up front. I don't understand it sometimes. Everyone is on factory bkes whether you want to believe it or not. Back in the day that was the only thing a guy needed in order to win. I just think alot of the guys are getting paid well and are comfortable where they are and no one really lights a fire under that ass..

Complacency in this sport is rampant. Teams need to find guys out there who really deserve a break and need the resources that are available to win(practice tracks, trainers) and so forth. ALot of these corporate sponsors don't care to win. They want their logo's going around those tracks so people will buy. Look at Monster. They pretty much built their fan base through supercross and if you look at the company now it's a billion dollar corporation, all because of supercross. MOney floats up. I'd like to see MOnster gives back to the sport instead of just giving it to the people up top. Anyway that a subject for another day.

So back to winning. There are only a few riders out there who truly want to WIN. They wil do whatever it takes. They aren't drivin buy money or whatever but they are drivin by the competitiveness nature of the sport. How do I do it? What does it take? What do I have to do? This is why Pro Circuit is successful. Mitch drives those guys. It pays off every season or so because Pro Circuit is rewarded a championship. Mitch influences their ATTITUDES.

For example, JS7's attitude is off. He has too many distractons and the first thing he wants to blame is on someone or something else. He should instead look straight in the mirror and admit to self. How do you go from sugar to shit?? Reed is probably the most intelligent racer out there maybe ever because he allows himself to change and LEARN from mistakes and successes. You have to allow people to tell you when you're wrong and right.

When JS7 fired Aldon Baker sometime ago, that right there told me that JS7's attitude was bad and no one could tell him nothing. How do you fire a world class trainer , who was referred to you by Ricky Carmichael? I don't want to train "attitude" I just want to ride/train attitude. And look what has happened. The very trainer that you fired is now training the guy(RV) who's now smoking you on the track. LOL..

ATTITUDE!!

:smirk:

He's a baby. He rode a guy high in the LCQ and then he cries when the exact same thing happens to him in the main. I think he is all talk and will not back up anything he said in his interview with Erin. With that said, he definitely has the speed to run top 5, I don't know about top 2 but certainly top 5.

MAX!!!

what could he had said that wouldn't be crying? he basically said he learned he has to protect the inside and ride more aggressive! payback? maybe! but crying? i don't get it! when did he cry? "i was taken out" "i will be back next week with a diff attitude"

• Like 2

what could he had said that wouldn't be crying? he basically said he learned he has to protect the inside and ride more aggressive! payback? maybe! but crying? i don't get it! when did he cry? "i was taken out" "i will be back next week with a diff attitude"

He could have said "Oh snap, I guess what comes around goes around". My guess is that his new attitude is simply talk and nothing more. We will see this weekend.

• Like 1

he also could have said "i have ear plugs in i can't hear you" in the heat of the race and after race do you think that clearly? do you think what would my fans want to hear? he said what was on his mind! i don't think it was crying in anyway. he was pissed. and he has that right to be mad! he left the inside open and went down! just like sipes had the right to be pissed! but he can only be mad at himself... HE left it open!

He has always been like that. I remember that he went off to drive his remote control car to get his head back into racing while at PC

He is a little weird

Edited by meyermetal

MAX!!!

My thoughts exactly. Its rough out there. He had a bad day, that's all. His attitude was fine before which is why he's in the position he's in.

I also don't know about the top 5 thing. Maybe 5th, or 4th on a good day. BUt the other guys have to make a mistake to put him on the podium. He will get better though. No doubt about that.

I think when Weimer said he was going to come back with a new attitude he just realizes that he needs to be more aggressive. He is obviously a good all round guy, not many folks will apologize to another rider like he did. He explained that he did not mean to do it and that he was sorry. I am guessing that made him ride a bit more cautiously in the main and he probably feels that is why he went down. With his new attitude he is going to go for it and not worry so much about the other stuff.

• Like 2

I doubt that he will change his attitude. He was just really disappointed and frustrated after struggling in both the heat race and the main.

he also could have said "i have ear plugs in i can't hear you" in the heat of the race and after race do you think that clearly? do you think what would my fans want to hear? he said what was on his mind! i don't think it was crying in anyway. he was pissed. and he has that right to be mad! he left the inside open and went down! just like sipes had the right to be pissed! but he can only be mad at himself... HE left it open!

I dont think clearly before, after or during a race. Really I think he is a crybaby and I am calling him one because i insists on screwing me in points. And yes, I found out the hard way that I am allergic to urinal cakes.

• Like 1

JW is one of the new breed showing up to compete with the big boys. I'm impressed with what he's doing so far and think he is pretty grounded. If he got a little bent at SD , well, that's racing but I didn't really think he was being a "cry baby" for his statement. It's funny, but he reminds me of Beck everytime they interview him. I hope he settles in on the 450 and gives the regular front pack guys a run for their money!!

I'd like to see him keep it together a little more consistently, he has the speed. But, I think he needs more confidence, not more agression. It will come with time. You can't just decide to be confident.

^^^maybe we're not watching the same guy out there Jarrad?? Is there two Weimer's in the 450 class?? :bonk: