Sign in to follow this  

Broken swing arm tabs?

Hey guys, this is my first post, so excuse the errors.

I have a 2008 crf250r, and on my last ride, i managed to hit a large piece of concrete, which snapped the tabs off my swing arm that hold my chain guide on. I've searched endlessly for others with this problem, and the only answer I've managed to come up with is to have it customly fixed. anyone have any ideas?

i can post pictures if they would help

I would think your only options are buy a swing arm off of eBay or have yours welded back up. If you can find a small machine shop it shouldn't cost too much. I used to wok in a small machine shop and my boss would do jobs like this for cases of beer.

Haa.. im gonna have to find someone to do that for me.. i can't bring myself to buy a used $300 swing arm to replace 2 inches of weld on 15 cents of material.

on another note..... how bad of an idea is it to ride without the guide?

Haa.. im gonna have to find someone to do that for me.. i can't bring myself to buy a used $300 swing arm to replace 2 inches of weld on 15 cents of material.

on another note..... how bad of an idea is it to ride without the guide?

not bad until your chain pops off and puts a nice big hole in your case. :smirk:

• Like 1

I had a rock break off my mounting tabs on my 450r once I bought a messed up swingarm off ebay posting what I was looking for took a cutoff tool and removed the bottom setion of swingarm that had te tabs frm the bent swingarm had it heliarced onto the good swingarm toat cost was 45.00 counting shipping on ebay. Still have that cutup swingarm take it to aluminum recycling place someday might get a couple bucks :smirk: Oh and the swingarm has a plastic clear coat you have to remove to weld on it

Edited by gruberyz