Vent!

Hey all i need to vent. Today i went to adjust my new chain. So i go and undo the nut on the adjuster on one side. So far so good. Move over to the other side and the nut wont budge and after a few attempts the nut starts to round off :bonk:? So i decide to leave it and have a break. I drop down the stand and the bike starts to tip over, i managed to grab the rear mudguard to prevent major damage but i now have a C-shaped brake lever ? And now i have to wait for a new one to arrive? Vent over

Sounds like a typical wrenching session to me! ?

Regarding the chain adjuster bolts, I had one seize on my in a similar manner. Now I apply anti-seize to the whole length of the bolt to prevent that from happening in the future.

Edited by andrzej

...and the nut wont budge and after a few attempts the nut starts to round off ?:bonk:

Next time, use a 10mm wrench on the bolt and a 12mm wrench on the nut and turn them both at the same time.

When you put in the new adjuster bolt/nut combo, use some anti-sieze to prevent corrosion and/or binding.

Those two tips will prevent you ever having this issue again.

As for the bike stand, you're on your own if you're using one of those floppy contraptions with the foot pedal.

Turn them at the same time? I just held the bolt and tried to loosen the nut. Thanks for the tips ?

Yea im using a foot pedal stand my dad made so it doesn't drop down but the top is quiet small so I'll have to make it bigger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MD-STD-ALLOY-BRAKE-SHORT-LEVER-YAMAHA-YZ-125-250-01-07-/300519356382?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f85977de Is this lever likely to be the same length as stock?

Turn them at the same time? I just held the bolt and tried to loosen the nut. Thanks for the tips ?

Yea im using a foot pedal stand my dad made so it doesn't drop down but the top is quiet small so I'll have to make it bigger

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45f85977de Is this lever likely to be the same length as stock?

The level in the picture is a Honda lever. So you don't really know what the lever is going to look like.

after re-rivetting my silencer together i noticed that I had forgot the part that goes between the core and the end cap. no big deal, just slide it in from behind right? wrong. the muffler hits the brake caliper so theres a big dent in it. Get the drill out and re-rivitte again. only thing is I was out of rivettes and Me and my butt buddie were planning on going riding. &%$#@! it I went anyway and the core was definately not pointing at either of the holes in my muffler haha