New Wheel And Handguards. Almost Done!

ok...never done but got my new wheel laced and trued. picked up some sweet cycra handguards. the BRP handguard mounts really clean everything up and they're pretty beefy. also i've gotta say...tapping your handlebars so your handguards can screw right into em is definitely the way to do. i mean these things are SOLID. no way they're pulling out of the ends.

6875817079_d3d5b5356c_z.jpg

Untitled by Mad Moose Moto, on Flickr

6875817879_857cd33e33_z.jpg

6875818711_713cc6a96f_z.jpg

BRP Subframe & Hand Guard Mounts by Mad Moose Moto, on Flickr

6875819385_52d8fc83d6_z.jpg

BRP Hand Guard Mounts by Mad Moose Moto, on Flickr

6875821617_5baa3be981_z.jpg

6875820703_eebecbf54b_z.jpg

the rims and spokes I got from motosport.com but the hubs are just the stock ones that I had powder coated. these excel wheels are designed to lace up to stock hubs.

I don't have the rear wheel assembled yet because I ran into a big problem with the rear hub bearing retaining nut so the still new in box excel rear rim and spokes are up for sale (pm me if interested - a hell of a deal). I'm just gonna order a complete wheel assembly from DNA or somewhere to go back there.

If you're looking to keep your stock hubs and just get them powder coated, a local powder coating shop here blasted and coated mine for 80 bucks. just to give you an idea on price.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can you use a bar pad with those clamps?

i've wondered the same thing too! been thinking about picking up a square one and hacking it a little to try and get it to fit.

would hate for my face to come down on those!

Sexy as hell.

haha i appreciate daaang. if i wasn't working til 4am everyday, i'd come out and ride damneck this week! me and the wife are gonna come check out the barbeque on sat though.

Man those mounts are pretty sick! I really like clean Honda with some black and red wheels on it. I might have a bar pad for pro taper bars id sell cheap if I still have it.

cool man! if you find it send me a picture, i'd be interested.