Sign in to follow this  

Tips for yanking motor out

Any tips to pull a motor out of an 06 CRF?

Do radiators have to come off / does it make it easier?

Pull the subframe off too?

Two person job, that thing looks kinda heavy?

Thanks!

Drain fluids, and remove coolant hoses from the motor. Take off plastics, tank, sub-frame, exhaust, carb, chain, motor mount bolts and headstays, shock and pull the swing arm bolt. if you think you wont be able to pick the motor/tranny up dont even try pulling the motor, its really not heavy at all though.. when you have everything unbolted pull the swingarm out a bit and pick the motor up out of the frame and rotate the head out to either side of the frame. Double check everything before you pull the motor i may have forgoten an electrical connector or something. good luck! :smirk:

^ what he said, i just pull everything off. front end, rear end every bolt both radiators all plastics, gas tank,all cables,all wires.. everything. then lift the motor out

Edited by AJMAG247

I just recently rebuilt my whole motor. I labeled plastic baggies to put parts and bolts in. Try to stay clean and organized as possible. Before you tear it apart sweep the whole area. Also when I removed my motor I had to take off the valve cover and remove cam to make it a bit easier to swing it out.

I don't know if I trust myself to split cases and do a bottom end. Topend yes; bottomend not so much :smirk:.

The plan is to pull it out this weekend and take it to someone to have it gone through and rebuilt accordingly.

I forsee lots of $$$ in my near future haha