Sign in to follow this  

using a KLX water pump in my DRZ

I have been looking for water pump parts and decided to look up the kawasaki parts prices as a comparison. My 2000 DRZ water pump shaft is grooved and I would like to just replace the entire pump. The price for the KLX pump is about $20-30 less. Im hoping the Kawasaki 49044-S004 pump assembly should be the same exact part as the Suzuki 17400-29F00 pump. Does anyone know if the 2 pumps are interchangeable?

Jason

Also I cant find an explanation for the part# change on the water pump on the newer DRZ bikes. Is there a design change or is it just a part # change?

Jason

sometimes it's just a color thing. older drz's had a darker engine paint than the newer models.

newest part number supercedes older part numbers - meaning you will get latest revision when ordering.

No matter what bike you order for, your only getting the same thing in the bag at the end of the day.

Paint color has changed twice

KLX400 water pump , just like every other part, is a Suzuki part, made in the same place, will almost always come in a Suzuki bagged and tagged, then have a Kawasaki part sticker overlaid.