Sign in to follow this  

? about the Akropovic for the 2010

I have a opportunity to purchase a Akropovic exhaust for my 2010 at a really good price.

I went to their site and the dyno shows a very impressive hp gain of 3.9 at 5600rpm.

Is this pipe that good ? How loud is it ?

I think they got the big gain at 5600rpm because their base line was a euro model bike with a more restrictive muffler than the US model , my pipe adds 2 hp at that rpm over the US model but to tell you the truth you cant tell because the 250f only makes usable power from 7000 on up and what makes these bike fast is topend hp and over rev , and if you did bog it down to under 6000 and then pinned the throttle it would blow through the rpms so fast you couldnt tell if it had a couple hp one way or the other , its not like any one would want to keep a 250f in the 5000 - 6000 rpm range for any reason , at least not if they are trying to go fast on a track

• Like 1

I have this pipe on my 10. That dyno is what caught my eye on this pipe as well, because the 10 had a horrible bottom end. I think it helped but I don't think it gave it 4hp like they stated. I ended up getting the HRC programmer, a cylinder works 270 kit, and a pro-x velocity stack, also a little port clean up. Now it is a beast for a 250f. Most likely the best running 250f I have ridden with off the shelf parts. Oh yeah, without the insert, it is pretty loud, my buddy swears it sounds like a 450. With the insert the power sucks, but it is less noise.

Edited by tmauto69