Sign in to follow this  

Where to Ride in the East

Hey all.

I got the month of April off and it is still to crappy in Canada so where should I go for a reasonably priced month of good riding. I will be riding for fun, not hard core. I ride the Vet Jr. and +40 I will be driving from eastern Canada so California is out.

Cheers

I doubt the lack of replies is due to the people. It's just due to the lack of posting in the right place. You'll have better luck if you post this in one of the regional sections here: http://www.thumperta...nal-discussion/

Try the northeast or southeast, depending on how far south you're willing to go. Some of the areas in the southeast section might be considered "mid-Atlantic" to some folks. Regardless, I'm sure you'll find places to ride and maybe even people to ride with. Good luck.

Edited by Punkinhead

Yep, i am always amazed at questions asked in the general section that could EASILY and quickly be answered in one of the many regional forums.

Joe

Down here in SC/NC has some pretty good spots and they are all with-in about 4 hrs if you stayed somewhere like Columbia,SC and i know canada is far but yall seem to like it down here as much canadian license plates as i see

How far south are you willing to go? Is it only MX you are after? There are major pockets of MXers in North and South Carolina that have the availability to ride 6 or 7 days a week, day or night, many tracks. I have just spent some time at Jimmy Weinert's new training facility and it is a hub for at least 6 different tracks with in 1 to 2 hours of it. Not to mention he has 5 to 6 tracks that you can ride 7 days a week.

you will have to at least go to North or South Carolina to get warm enough to ride.

you will have to at least go to North or South Carolina to get warm enough to ride.

Not this year.....It is in the 50's in Connecticut

Not this year.....It is in the 50's in Connecticut

Im in Pennsylvania, so i hear what you are saying. But this guy is from canada, if i were coming that far, i want to ride everyday. Not chance it that it will be 50 in CT. Not to also mention that is the HIGH in CT right now, with lows in the 20's

Im in Pennsylvania, so i hear what you are saying. But this guy is from canada, if i were coming that far, i want to ride everyday. Not chance it that it will be 50 in CT. Not to also mention that is the HIGH in CT right now, with lows in the 20's

I just walked outside in thin sweatpants and a short sleeve shirt and I am the biggest pansy when it comes to cold weather......this winter BLOWS.

The OP said it would be in April

What kind of riding are you looking at doing, that is a major determining factor of where a good place would be to go