Sign in to follow this  

ATK 604 on a track?

anyone attempt this? i know 89 had a cross country and an MX version of the 604. anyone actually take this beast on a track? am i just looking to destroy my frame doing this? i have the cross country model. im no pro, just looking to ride, when i only have free afternoons.

I remember seeing in MXA ATK 604s being raced in the 4 stroke world championship race. Should be fine.

Yes, go for it, I raced one of the single sided frame 96' models with no problem. Raced the 2 strokes from 89-93, only frame problem I ever had was I bent one of the early 89 chromoly swingarms.

jeffro667....you my friend are a stud! i just took mine out today to a vintage race, so the track was vintage bike friendly and not too insane. but man, the bike had tons of power all around, but i felt every pound of it in the slower sections. i heard these bikes held there own back in the day when they were in the 4 stroke nationals, but man those riders must have been some tough dudes to man handle this beast. i am running a bike with the HUGE cross country tank though, so that probably had something to do with it.

The cross country tank can't help. Back in 95' I raced an east coast 4 stroke series, but I had a Husaberg for that. Kevin Walker, the many time LL champ, was racing the series on a 95 ATK 605. He is a very small guy, and those ATK's were HUGE, but he was still very fast on it.