Sign in to follow this  

Supercross What to do in the pits?

Were going to the Atlanta round and we have pit passes. Question is, is it worth going to if you dont really want autographs? Do they have deals on gear and vendors or is it just the teams and riders? Any info would be appreciated.

It's cool to walk through and see all the factory setups. My kids like to walk around and see the racers but we dont try for autographs. Those people that stand in line are nuts

And we have never done it at a Supercross. Only the Nationals because I don't want to hang out at the stadium all day

It's a cool way to burn a couple hours IMO, just see all the tricked out bikes and there's usually some other neat events going on. I usually get there early, check out the tops guys first practice and then head to the pits for an hour or so... Then come back and catch the end of practice. I'm not into the autographs either, but the Monster Energy and Rockstar girls usually provide some pretty good scenery.

I bring a handfull of dollar store rings with me to the pits then walk around and propose to the prettiest Monster Girls. Or Whatever Girls. Fun. But I'm an old guy and can get away with silly crap like that.

Six wives and counting. :smirk:

Ya, go , check out the bikes and the Rig setups. Usually there are a few vendors and some type of activity going on. Check out some Monster girls and people watch. My Wife and I always spend about an hour walking thru and then head to our Box. If you have kids, they will like looking at everything.

How / where do you buy pit passes ?

Can you buy a pit pass on race day ?

Edited by HRC

For the Supercrosses that I've been to, the promoters open the pits to those with Supercross tickets.

:smirk:

This season, like the last, you need to recycle an empty Monster can to get into the pit party. I'm pretty sure its the case for all races.

If you are more than 12 yrs old and hate to stand in line for an hour or more to see a rider scribble on a poster, then the pits will entertain you for about 30 minutes. It's cool to walk around and see the factory team rigs and the bilkes up close, but, don't expect more than that. Booths for the series, team, and local sponsors aren't interesting for the average race fan, the free swag is lame, and any products sold there can be found cheaper online.

I wouldn't skip any of the practice/qualifying to hang out in the pits. But, I don't have any kids to entertain.

This is great info. I am heading to the Atlanta Supercross as well and have pit passes. We were planning on being there for 12:30 and just hang out. I have 2 boys (8 & 11) that want to get some autographs etc so figure what the heck I will stand in line with them.

What time do they usually start practice?

Thanks

Alain

I dont about Atlanta but I would not do the pits again if it was Dallas, once they close you got nothing to do for 3 hours but get wasted and spend 200 bucks on cocktails. But, you will some amazingly hot chicks, nice titties, cool rigs, a few side shows. If Atlanta has stuff within walking distance of the stadium I would totally go and go have dinner before the racing starts. But eff Dallas, never again

If Atlanta has stuff within walking distance of the stadium I would totally go and go have dinner before the racing starts.

That is exactly what we do. Spending 10-11 hours in a stadium is crazy

We take the kids site seeing during the day head back to the hotel and walk to a restaurant and then walk to the stadium. Indy and St.Louis are great for this but our trip to Houston....Not so much

That is exactly what we do. Spending 10-11 hours in a stadium is crazy

We take the kids site seeing during the day head back to the hotel and walk to a restaurant and then walk to the stadium. Indy and St.Louis are great for this but our trip to Houston....Not so much

houston is dangerous man, Dallas was cool, there was just NOTHING but the stadium there. I do love the bigger things in TX though, god I thought my girl was gonna dump me if I didnt stop staring

Try to get to the pits as soon as they open.. Better chance for free stuff and you will avoid the crowds..

If you are more than 12 yrs old and hate to stand in line for an hour or more to see a rider scribble on a poster, then the pits will entertain you for about 30 minutes. It's cool to walk around and see the factory team rigs and the bilkes up close, but, don't expect more than that.

That's pretty much the gist of it.

There is some good "people watching" to be had though. There is usually plenty of hot chicks to look at, but it is easy to get a Bro' overload.

^^ racerXr and slowspokes are right on... if your taking kids its worth while.

Anyone know why they don't allow booze in the pits? Well in STL anyway.

Hell the last few years I've had Monster VIP pit passes and unless you like video games and free energy drinks its nothing special.

Thanks for all the info. I think we will go early, stay till we feel like leaving and then leave the stadium, get something to eat and relax till it’s time to go back in. Luckily our hotel is only a couple of blocks away. As far as getting pit passes you can go to a Subway Sandwich Shop and pick them up for free. As far as the girls go, I will definitely wear my sunglasses.

Thanks for all the info. I think we will go early, stay till we feel like leaving and then leave the stadium, get something to eat and relax till it’s time to go back in. Luckily our hotel is only a couple of blocks away. As far as getting pit passes you can go to a Subway Sandwich Shop and pick them up for free. As far as the girls go, I will definitely wear my sunglasses.

Can you lave the stadium? I was under the assumption that once you are in you stay in until you leave