Sign in to follow this  

150r cam recall issue?

So I got stuck with an 07 that never had the recall on the cam or the swingarm. Honda is honoring the swing arm as it is a safety issue but not the cam, as they state it was not a safety issue it was complimentary cause a Honda engineer found a problem after production. Honda stated that only very rare instances did the cam give and it was considered extreme conditions. He said bascially you would have to hold the bike wide open while its on a stand to cause the cam to break. He also said there was never a reported issue of the cam failing by a private owner.

I am torn between thinking I should just spend the money on a hotcam, Honda says I have nothing to worry about and to just go ride. Did any of you have any isues?

Honda saying it or a dealer?? Get a RB swingarm and find a rear brake hose on ebay. Well worth the time and then your ready for big wheels. As far as the cam, not many had problems with the cam but everyone I know had the stock replaced under warrenty. If you buy a hot cam, make sure you get the correct one for your type of track and rider's style of riding. The stock cam is very good for all around riding. PC makes a stock cam that is said to be stronger than the Honda's. Personally I would get a stock cam or a stock cam and be done.

Honda saying it or a dealer?? Get a RB swingarm and find a rear brake hose on ebay. Well worth the time and then your ready for big wheels. As far as the cam, not many had problems with the cam but everyone I know had the stock replaced under warrenty. If you buy a hot cam, make sure you get the correct one for your type of track and rider's style of riding. The stock cam is very good for all around riding. PC makes a stock cam that is said to be stronger than the Honda's. Personally I would get a stock cam or a stock cam and be done.

Both the dealer and the Honda 800 number I called. Sadly the dealer already ordered the swing arm and wont do the RB. Which is okay, I will buy the boy a 12 or newer big wheel when he out grows this and it will become his sisters bike and she will never outgrow it, she wont be taller than 5'2, 5'4 max