Sign in to follow this  

Torn about which knee brace to buy....please help!

I currently have a worn out set of thor shin guards and want to buy a set of knee braces. I dont mind the price I just want a really good set that fits well. I was in the market to buy the asterick utlacell's but hear that they are bulky and dont fit well in pants of boots. I wear Thor core gear and Alpinestar tech 10's. I hear alot of great things about the TLD and the pod300's. Its hard to buy a set with out riding with them and just trying them on at Chapparal motorsports and walking around in them in the store. Can anyone weigh in on this and what they are currently using. I read some TLD reviews that they are slim and fit well. The Ultacells seem like they will hold and not slid down. My thor junk knee gaurds slide right down after i stand up and I hate it. Thanks

I am on my second set of Asterisk Cells, not the ultracells. I wear the XXLs with size 10 SG-10 boots and they can close just fine. I like them and the feel like they are working when I dab a foot in a turn just like they are supposed to do. On the other side of the coin, it is possible for a knee brace to contribute to broke legs, tib/fib and femur. Of course that could only happen in a big get off where you would be more than likely to get hurt anyway. I personally will take that risk considering I tore an ACL in a simple tip over once before I had knee braces.

I have POD MX K700 braces,and they are REALLY nice,had asterisk and evs web braces and these pod`s are way better for my likings.

They stay on,dont notice them at all while riding,very slim,easy and fast to put on,(only one strap to loosen) and actually works for me since I have "loose" knees that allways were really sore after a track day and after I started to wear these no pain anymore,so Im really happy with them.

Recommended.

I'm in the same dilemma. I have bad knees which haven't been treated but like Temetti "I have loose knees" & they hurt really bad the next day from riding. In my case having two kids in college I'm kind on a budget that's why I'm leaning towards the Pod K300. MXA's review said is the same design just different material. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd rather be corrected now than after spending the money.

Roger

I had some Asterisk Ultra Cell's. The BOA system is cool, but they still slid down unless I wore my boots. They are very bulky, and barely fit in my SG10 boots. I wore them twice, and on the second ride one of the plastic straps broke! I took themback to Cycle Gear, and they gave me a full refund.

I got the Troy Lee Designs Catalyst X knee supports, and they are alot better! They stay where they are supposed to without boots on, so they dont move at all when you ride. They are smaller, so they fit in the boot no problem. They seem lighter. They are also $200 cheaper! There is a video that shows how the Asterisk move sideways a little, the TLD X's dont.

I think the TLD Catalyst X's are great!

Isaac