Sign in to follow this  

carb help

After my crash back in dec 2011.

My carb body got a big hole in it. Do not know how just has a big crack with some of it missing :smirk:

I seen a 2011 250sx carb for sale will it fit my bike ?

Was looking at carb part numbers and this is what I found. Or will the bike run bad with a 2011 carb ?

CARB. KEIH. PWK 36S AG FK18 08 54831001544 2012

CARB. KEIH. PWK 36S AG FK18 08 54831001544 2011

CARB. KEIH. PWK 36S AG FK18 08 54831001544 2010

CARB. KEIH. PWK 36S AG FK18 08 54831001544 2009

Thanks Ron.

Edited by Ron731

should be the same carb. all the 250/300's share the same 36mm carb. Even the 200 carbs are now 36mm. they just have different jets in them.

should be the same carb. all the 250/300's share the same 36mm carb. Even the 200 carbs are now 36mm. they just have different jets in them.

Thanks for the info Ill just pull my jets out and use the same throttle slide.

Also I found some sand in the bottom of the carb bowl. This is my first ktm. The gas tank filler is a lot diff then my old honda. As in no rim around the top to keep dirt from falling in.

Do you guys run a gas filter in the line or the Splitstream Fuel Filter Screen like here http://www.cyclebuy....tream/index.htm

Ron

Edited by Ron731

make sure the air filter is seated correctly or you will suck that sand into the engine. pull the seat and run your fingers around the edge to make sure it is seated.

I have never had an issue with particulates getting into the engine from the tank. the petcock has a filter on it. there is also the slim chance you could pull sand it thru the vent lines.

make sure the air filter is seated correctly or you will suck that sand into the engine. pull the seat and run your fingers around the edge to make sure it is seated.

I have never had an issue with particulates getting into the engine from the tank. the petcock has a filter on it. there is also the slim chance you could pull sand it thru the vent lines.

I clean the filter after ever ride. I also wipe the air boot and so far have not found any sand in there.

When I install the air filter I always check the seal of it at lest two times by running my fingers around it to make sure its sealed up good.

Ron.