Sign in to follow this  

2011 showa tc 47mm

A friend of mine dropped off a set of showas for me to look at. The problem being they were making a "clanking" when compressed. After disassembing them the only thing found was that the inner chamber had not been bled properly. (upon compression, they spit fluid out from the bled holes at the top, quite a bit.) My question is, Would the improper bleeding of the inner chamber cause the "clanking"? Thanks for your replies.

If the rod is working properly the oil coming out the inner chamber exhaust ports is probably the outer chamber oil that's sat on top of the floating piston. Where the forks have been laying down when ur friend delivered them to u.

Did u measured the preload I just done a rmz and there was less than zero preload on the spring seemed to make a bit of noise added preload noise stopped, seemed to be rattling about on full extension. Hope this helps, it's hard to no exactly without seeing them.

I will take a look at the preload, didnt think to look at that upon disassembly

2008. funny I've just had another pair of forks droped in to me, noisey I keep u informed 47 showa

I was expecting you to say 10-12 as they have such stiff springs