Sign in to follow this  

Supercross READ ALL ABOUT IT!

thought the entire first batch already sold out

Maybe sold but not delivered...? :smirk:

I am sure thy are building at break neck KTM speed.. :bonk:

(2)

This is a procedural machine. It was designed and built to comply with the AMA homologation rule (under this rule KTM must have 200 of these bikes available by March 1, 2012, and 200 more by June 1, 2012). If they don’t meet this number, Ryan Dungey will be disqualified from every race he was in. Thus, KTM is selling these bikes to make Dungey’s bike legal.

So They have to sell 400 of the new KTMs or Dungey is disqualified.

http://www.motocross...-TO-R-8681.aspx

New engine

_2SX5303.jpg

Negative ghost rider they have to have them "available" they don't have to sell them, they just have to import them and have them on the showroom floors for you to be able to buy. And I sure would love to have one!!!!

Edited by elpato

Where does it say they have to sell 400? I just read that they have to make them available to the pulic. Huge difference there.

Negative ghost rider they have to have them "available" they don't have to sell them, they just have to import them and have them on the showroom floors for you to be able to buy. And I sure would love to have one!!!!

I've only ridden the first year 350 for a ktm and I did not care for it, although I only spent a few laps on it and I am not one of those guys can jump another persons bike and go, love my setup. With that said, I too want the new KTM, something sexy bout it, but I think I am going to go red for my new bike next year

Where does it say they have to sell 400? I just read that they have to make them available to the pulic. Huge difference there.

Yep I mis-represented the facts. so send me a new 2011 450. They can't give those away fast enough. :bonk:

Yes they have to import 400 to the USA. I thought it was interesting and was not meant to dis the KTM owners or the Dungey guys. I like RD but would rather seen him riding a new Kawaski... :smirk:

to me, the ariticle has a pretty negative tone. They say its a "procedural machine", and dis the reasons why KTM is releasing it. They say its a status bike.

But, they seem to like absolutely everything about it, yet will not take it seriously.

So... why are they even reviewing it? Was this an article about the bike or was it about why KTM is releasing it?

Like the last sentence of the article said. They will SELL all 400 bikes. But if you can wait 6 months you will probably also save $1,000 and have an even better version

Like the last sentence of the article said. They will SELL all 400 bikes. But if you can wait 6 months you will probably also save $1,000 and have an even better version

It would not surprise me if the 2013 KTM's were not tested by MXA until sometime in mid 2014! Even they admit that their opinion will have no effect on sales. The confusing tone of the article overshadows their actual review of the bike.

This article just seemed like someone old school feeling a little nervous about the new bike in town imo. It's a little too propagandous and biased of a read to take seriously and for anyone that actually thinks that the AMA would revoke RD's points and disqualify him from this season really has a naive outlook on the sport. The AMA is a business first and to actually enforce something like this would have a huge negative effect on big sponsorship money and a lose of members who would not agree with this move.

I see the AMA just like a politician that acts like they care about the riders & sport but the only true focus they are concerned about is how much money they bring in just like any other corporate money eating machine. I'm sure if the issue is pressed toward the set date of when the bikes are supposed to be sitting on the showroom floor and KTM has not delivered there will be some kind of "extension date" to allow KTM to continue on. If the AMA was strict at all about their own rules & regulations they have set in place for the Pro program there wouldn't be one bike mfg left because all of them bend the rules to make it work for their needs.

This article just seemed like someone old school feeling a little nervous about the new bike in town imo. It's a little too propagandous and biased of a read to take seriously and for anyone that actually thinks that the AMA would revoke RD's points and disqualify him from this season really has a naive outlook on the sport. The AMA is a business first and to actually enforce something like this would have a huge negative effect on big sponsorship money and a lose of members who would not agree with this move.

I see the AMA just like a politician that acts like they care about the riders & sport but the only true focus they are concerned about is how much money they bring in just like any other corporate money eating machine. I'm sure if the issue is pressed toward the set date of when the bikes are supposed to be sitting on the showroom floor and KTM has not delivered there will be some kind of "extension date" to allow KTM to continue on. If the AMA was strict at all about their own rules & regulations they have set in place for the Pro program there wouldn't be one bike mfg left because all of them bend the rules to make it work for their needs.

I agree. If anything you will see the AMA give KTM an extension with a fine, and not much more will come from it.

I've only ridden the first year 350 for a ktm and I did not care for it, although I only spent a few laps on it and I am not one of those guys can jump another persons bike and go, love my setup. With that said, I too want the new KTM, something sexy bout it, but I think I am going to go red for my new bike next year

Congratulations, you will love your new Husky! :smirk:

Congratulations, you will love your new Husky! :smirk:

I'm getting a dog? I hear they have a lot of energy!

I'm getting a dog? I hear they have a lot of energy!

I had a Husky and a Malamute so if you want one to ride I say get the Malamute. Their a little more sturdy

But then again I guess it all depends on what type of "Riding" your talking about :smirk:

What a great looking machine! But wow, the asking price is pretty crazy. But i guess if you're fortunate enough to have lots of disposable income, and want a truly rare bike. This bike may fit the bill perfectly. I'm fairly confident in saying that even with the steep asking price, KTM is likely loosing money on the replica models due to the small #'s in which many of the parts have been made to build this for public consumption. As they mentioned, there will be a large amount of changes to the bike when full production is ready to begin. Small runs of anything can be quite costly to manufacture in the short run. Sure hope they're wrong on the frame color however, cuz that orange is striking, and gives it amazing depth in photos...

the price is not high, have you priced a ktm lately?

Yeah, i believe the msrp is around $9500? That's a good bit of money, but its very competitive with the Jap 450's, plus the KTM comes with quite a few goodies. :smirk: