Sign in to follow this  

250 EX cutting out and pooping

I'm decent with a carb but when i comes to the motor I'm almost lost. My sister bought a 2006 250ex and theres a problem. At idle, it poops and won't idle at all until it really warms up and still poops. It does good up to half throttle when you ride it but at half throttle and beyond it cuts out like its not getting enough gas, I've pulled the carb and aside from being new, its spotless and the jets are correct. Theres a rattle in the bottom-end that gets more steady when on the gas. Could that be the push rods bouncing on the cam and the valves not opening good be causing the problem? I'm not ruling out a timing chain but normally theres constant tick and this almost sounds like rocks beating around at idle.

Travis

Check the valve adjustment . These are very cold blooded machines and they dont run very well when cold. It usually takes about 2 minutes of warm up time to get them warmed up enough to run well

:bonk: please learn how to correctly spell "pop"

I didn't mean pooping. I was drunk when I posted this. It IS pooping out though. HAHA.

Check the valve adjustment . These are very cold blooded machines and they dont run very well when cold. It usually takes about 2 minutes of warm up time to get them warmed up enough to run well

We were going to do that this weekend but it was really cold and I have no idea where my feeler guage went. I really think thats whats wrong. It sound like the push rods are bouncing off the cam. Her old 250ex was really cold collared but no this bad. Thanks for the in-put.

Pooping.........kesler!

Travis