Your bike's home

This may have already been posted, but I couldn't find. I want to see some of the sweet bike shacks and garages where your toys live. There are posts of bikes of course, threads on the trucks that haul the bikes, but we rarely see the original man cave and where our favorite toys rest after a long day of providing us with enjoyment. For me, the garage is so much more than a cavernous part of the house. It's my escape on a rainy day, memories as a kid of my dad wrenching on the car, or just a space where I go to look at my bike and think about the next great ride. I don't have any pics, but will post this weekend when I take some, but I promise, yours is much better!

• 2 weeks later...

It's tight until I pull a car out. I could have more space, but I think in our neighborhood where parking is limited, it's rude to park my truck on the street in front of someone else's house. Otherwise it works once I pull the truck or my wife's car out. A detached garage is definitely cool though.

IMG_5934-small.jpg

IMG_5933-small.jpg

IMG_5935-small.jpg

IMG_5936-small.jpg

IMG_5937-small.jpg

indyrider!! I didn't recognize your bike. Then I saw the Dixie Chopper and thought that it had to be someone close to me because they are made in Louisville and that's when I went back and looked at the poster. I was going to say nice place until I looked a little closer and noticed a 4 wheeler in your stable. What happened to you? I just got Chris to get rid of his and go back to a bike and now you go over the dark side? Tsk! Tsk! BTW. Chris bought a YZ250 2 stroker.

indyrider!! I didn't recognize your bike. Then I saw the Dixie Chopper and thought that it had to be someone close to me because they are made in Louisville and that's when I went back and looked at the poster. I was going to say nice place until I looked a little closer and noticed a 4 wheeler in your stable. What happened to you? I just got Chris to get rid of his and go back to a bike and now you go over the dark side? Tsk! Tsk! BTW. Chris bought a YZ250 2 stroker.

Same bike, it just keeps getting better. So, you don't like my yard vehicle? There's a lot of land I need to get around on to work and 4x4's and UTV's are just too boring for me. I guess you'd probably prefer a golf cart for getting a property. :bonk:

I literally just got home, at midnight from a 3 day riding trip at Highland Park in GA. The place was a blast. We will definitely be going back there in the future. The place was like 99% bikes 1% quads. All the trails are one way, marked and well thought out. They even had KTM rentals and a service shop on site.

How's your back? We were talking about doing a trip down LBL very soon, maybe as early as 2 weeks.

Same bike, it just keeps getting better. So, you don't like my yard vehicle? There's a lot of land I need to get around on to work and 4x4's and UTV's are just too boring for me. I guess you'd probably prefer a golf cart for getting a property. :bonk:

I literally just got home, at midnight from a 3 day riding trip at Highland Park in GA. The place was a blast. We will definitely be going back there in the future. The place was like 99% bikes 1% quads. All the trails are one way, marked and well thought out. They even had KTM rentals and a service shop on site.

How's your back? We were talking about doing a trip down LBL very soon, maybe as early as 2 weeks.

I don't have a golf cart, sniff - sniff!! Well, my neighborhood doesn't allow them because we are in the city limits. My around the neighborhood ride is my Victory Kingpin. Gets me to the pool or tennis courts and back. A lot cooler than a scooter and louder too. I yanked the factory exhaust off of it because it sounded like a Gold Wing and put a Stage II exhaust back on. Sounds righteous.

The back is in great shape and I'm determined to keep it that way this year. I want to ride at least every other week.

Chris just left here helping me work on my son's new CRF250X. Well it's a 2005 model but was all stock with the original tires like new. No damage at all. We put a few goodies on it:

FMF power bomb header

FMF Powercore 4

JD jet kit #158 main, #42 pilot

Devol skid plate

Devol radiatior guards

MSR Bark Busters

GUTS Racing seat

OK, it does sound like I'm building this bike for me. Maybe a spare if my son doesn't show more interest.

We are going somewhere next Sunday or Monday. Probably Monday and probably to LBL. What are the chances of you going? I was reading your old posts when you were planning the trip to Georgia and it looked like fun but a pretty long drive. I scoped out the website too. awesome.

This summer we are determined to get to Hatfield-Mcoy. I think we want to ride the section close to Charleston. I also have Indiana permits now and would like to go back to Interlake. My first trip there wasn't a lot of fun since I wrenched my back putting on my boots. (If you laugh, I'm driving up to Indiana and beat you with my cane.) I was already there and dressed so we rode about 6 hours anyway. Kind of stupid. I couldn't hardly breath because of the pain on the drive back home.

Drop me a line about next week.

Edited by ImFlying

I just moved into my new cave a couple of months ago. I went from a small "single" car garage to this. Imagine everything you see in this garage in a single car (minus the car) plus 3 other bikes. This has been a huge upgrade for me unfortunatly I had to sell my Bandit, KZ and S65 to pay some debt, but I think that when the time comes I should be able to find some room for a new street bike or two. I don't have it all layed out the way I want it yet but I am getting there. I would like to build a bench the runs down the length of the back where the tv is now, and maybe move the tv more to the center of the back wall and a little paint. Anyways here is what I have for now.

100_1197.jpg

storage area for gear, some power tools, etc.

100_1196.jpg

work area and bike parking

100_1195.jpg

Dog hanging out under the heater in the TV area

100_1191.jpg

The car finally able to spehttps://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/942128-your-bikes-home/page__fromsearch__1nd winters at home!

100_1192.jpg

100_1193.jpg

a shot of my crappy current work bench

Edited by taylorjohn

• 2 weeks later...