Sign in to follow this  

Kawasaki carburetor cooling system?

I recently purchased a Kawasaki service manual for my 1998 Prairie 400 liquid cooled. I was quite surprised when I got to the last page of the cooling section (3-15) and it discussed removing and cleaning the coolant filter in the CARBURETOR system?? I had just finished installing a carb rebuild kit, and am sure that I don't have coolant hoses in my carb system!!! The paragraph describing the CARBURETOR cooling hoses and filter was accompanied by a drawing of the carb upper chamber cover with the coolant filter and hoses attached?? Does anyone know what Kawasaki is talking about? I tried to attach a photo of the paragraph and drawing, but couldn't find an attachment button??

I recently purchased a Kawasaki service manual for my 1998 Prairie 400 liquid cooled. I was quite surprised when I got to the last page of the cooling section (3-15) and it discussed removing and cleaning the coolant filter in the CARBURETOR system?? I had just finished installing a carb rebuild kit, and am sure that I don't have coolant hoses in my carb system!!! The paragraph describing the CARBURETOR cooling hoses and filter was accompanied by a drawing of the carb upper chamber cover with the coolant filter and hoses attached?? Does anyone know what Kawasaki is talking about? I tried to attach a photo of the paragraph and drawing, but couldn't find an attachment button??

It has to just be a typo.