Sign in to follow this  

another petcock question. I've searched

I've searched and there are TOO much info on this which makes it confusing.

Some ppl says it works some say it doesn't.

Can anyone tell for sure if WR petcock will fit STOCK DRZ S/SM tank if I use S/SM stock spacer. I'm not concerned about reserve issues with the spacer, I just want to make sure that WR + S/SM spacer will clear the metal tank.

Edited by zaq123

I skipped the hassle and just bought a Pingel last week, just my .02

I hear you. I read that some folks install WR without spacer in order to maintain the reserve and grind its lever a little to cleat that tank.

I have no issues with installing WR with spacer to clear the tank and don't worry about reserve. However I don't want to go that route if I still need to mod. the petcock even after use of the spacer.

I just want to know if WR will clear the tank with the spacer or not. I'm sure some ppl here tried it with the spacer

Edited by zaq123

i dunno of the WR petcock is the same as the raptor, post the part number and i will compare but i have a raptor petcock that will be delivered today and i will let you know how it fits if you are interested.

i dunno of the WR petcock is the same as the raptor, post the part number and i will compare but i have a raptor petcock that will be delivered today and i will let you know how it fits if you are interested.

what part number did you get? 2gu-24500-02-00?

NEW%20Yamaha%20Banshee%20fuel%20PETCOCK%20gas%20tank%20switch%2087-2008.JPG

WR400 petcock needs heavy trimming to fit the stock SM tank, that's what I'm running now. Sick of cutting my fingers turning my fuel on and off so I bought one from Brown's Family Racing. Also the fuel nozzle going to the right causes it to pinch against the FCR choke knob, you have to route it up and over the knob, which makes running it on ON starve the carb of fuel, so the bike has to be run on RES at all times. Not to mention, it makes taking the tank off harder to do, you have to push the carb to the right while pulling the tank to the left.

Have I discouraged you yet?

well mine showed up, it was advertised as a raptor petcock and ended up being just a cheap crappy copy. oh well, only $20. i guess i will just buy the brown family unit and rock that one.

WR400 petcock needs heavy trimming to fit the stock SM tank, that's what I'm running now. Sick of cutting my fingers turning my fuel on and off so I bought one from Brown's Family Racing. Also the fuel nozzle going to the right causes it to pinch against the FCR choke knob, you have to route it up and over the knob, which makes running it on ON starve the carb of fuel, so the bike has to be run on RES at all times. Not to mention, it makes taking the tank off harder to do, you have to push the carb to the right while pulling the tank to the left.

lol almost. Do you use stock S/SM spacer?

Yes, it won't mount to the tank otherwise. I'll grab a pic of it tomorrow to show you how the setup works/looks.

The Brown Family one has the wrong outlet for a "S" & "SM"...it's at a 90 degree. He does not have one for those bikes that goes straight down(6 o'clock). I know they are not cheap, but the Pingle 6191-AH61AV is the correct one for the S &SM stock carb...the TT store carries it.

This thread will help:

http://www.thumperta...ns/page__st__20

Edited by Motor7

I guess I just get stock E unit. $60 is still cheaper than pingle

They should have recall on this, what a BS

Edited by zaq123

The Brown Family one has the wrong outlet for a "S" & "SM"...it's at a 90 degree. He does not have one for those bikes that goes straight down(6 o'clock). I know they are not cheap, but the Pingle 6191-AH61AV is the correct one for the S &SM stock carb...the TT store carries it.

This thread will help:

http://www.thumperta...ns/page__st__20

actually they do carry the correct one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRZ400-DRZ-400-KLX400-KLX-PETCOCK-FUEL-VALVE-GAS-HOSE-BARB-FACING-DOWN-/250958030900?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6e43a834&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1287

for S with FCR, should I go with BFR petcock that faces down or at 90'?

for S with FCR, should I go with BFR petcock that faces down or at 90'?

I'd go for the straight down one, I got mine today and it looks like the 90 degree one won't be an issue. Except for the fact mine got broken during shipping :smirk:

I'd go for the straight down one, I got mine today and it looks like the 90 degree one won't be an issue. Except for the fact mine got broken during shipping :bonk:

i did some research: don't bother with straight down one, it's overpriced junk. Main copper tube is too short, there is no screen on the tube, hence BFR hides its top in his pic. It's basically knock off Yamaha AT1 petcock, part # 558-24500-01 ( see ebay link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-AT1-AT2-AT3-CT1-CT2-CT3-DT1-DT2-DT3-New-Fuel-Petrol-Tap-Petcock-QT498-/150691757720#vi-desc

his other petcock is just regular overpriced version of raptor petcock part # 696141-001

For the FCR the petcock tube should go out at 3 o'clock. I didn't know Brown started carrying the 6 o'clock, he didn't have those not too long ago. I have never bought anything but Pingel's, so I really don't know the quality or fitment of others.