Sign in to follow this  

Thanks for the memories

It's tough to say goodbye

5dnsb4.jpg

had to do it sold the cr and bought this

akeow9.jpg

I know it's not a cr, but it was too clean to pass up. Now my only Hondas are the old three wheelers. They all still run though!!! Maybe I should get another bike. LOL.

Edited by poldies4

It's tough to say goodbye

5dnsb4.jpg

I think if I had that bike, I would find a way to do this:

CarmichaelWall.jpg

Some bikes are just meant to be kept around, but retired! My 96 will never leave my possession. They will have to bury me with it!

Edited by KcDavis

Thanks guys, she was a beaut, eh? Not quite a Carmichael wall hanger, but I get your drift! Hopefully the new bike will fill the large void in my heart, mmhmm, i mean, barn left by the cr. I felt stuck, sell it and get something I wasn't afraid to break, keep it and deal with the inevitable, I am not at a point that tucking it in the corner was financially an option. I could have, but then no second "buddy" bike. I am sure I will not find another that old that is that nice. Have tons of pics though.....time to move on!!

Edited by poldies4

I too went orange for several years once---now I am baack! LoL Just love the friendly feel of a Honda.

Liked my oranges tho; they had their plus's. Esp the quality and attn to detail--it is unequaled. Even Honda's feel "mass-produced" next to them.

• Like 1

I think if I had that bike, I would find a way to do this:

CarmichaelWall.jpg

Some bikes are just meant to be kept around, but retired! My 96 will never leave my possession. They will have to bury me with it!

This guy knows what's up!

I too have a 98 CR that I once sold and recently bought back all by fate (speed gods) and I"ve learned my lesson. I also enjoyed reading about a member that recently switched from a CR to a new 2t KTM and after 1 track day switched back! :bonk:

Give it time. You'll be back.

• Like 1