Need HELP! please

If it's leaking from the oil check bolt, you have to find out if that bolt is stripped. If it is not stripped, get a new copper crush washer from the dealership and see if that fixes the leak. If it is stripped, you will have to do a thread repair on it (helicoil or timesert both work great), then get a new copper crush washer and put it back together. I never touch those. I measure the gear oil and then pour in the correct amount and leave it until I drain and fill it up again. those stupid oil check bolts strip too easy to ever touch them. Some guys pull the side covers and JB weld those things shut. I'm not sure I would do that to a bike I was going to sell unless the buyer understood the reasoning behind it and agreed that was the best way to fix the issue.

Mike you need to check on the right side case cover under where you add gear oil there is a gear oil "check bolt" so that when you are filling it up it's the bolt you remove and oil drips out of it to let you know it's full....Check that bolt as mine was leaking on my 98 CR250 because it would not fully tighten up like it was stripped. I removed it and noticed the threads were basically gone on the bolt so I ordered a new bolt and washer, and it tightens up just fine good as new, no more leaks...Although mine was not leaking quite as heavily as the first puddle you showed in the video, but if my bike was sitting for a long period of time, it could have been that bad, not sure. If no oil is under the bike, then check bolt hole is your best bet.

Where can I get a new bolt and washer those it have to be from a mx shop or can I just go to a local store and try to find them? btw It was leaking before I did the oil change but idk if it was coming from the oil check bolt that time... Haha I didn't even notice that it was abit of oil coming out of the bolt hole when I was filiming ?

Haha then yes it is the oil check bolt and no this is not something you want to go try and piece together at the local hardware store. You can go to cycle central.com but I use www.motosport.com go to the OEM section and select your year and bike...Go to the right clutch side cover, find the oil check bolt and buy it. It will be a huge diagram of your right clutch cover and all the bolts and stuff so you can find it easily.

Well either it's the best scenario like mine and the bolts threads have worn out or the worst case scenario and the case threads have worn/stripped...You need the fresh bolt to determine that, and really you can take a close look at the one you've got. So if it's just the bolt, then a new bolt will work, but if the case is stripped it's heli coil time and you'll have to re-set the threads in the case and drill it up to another size.

Another possibility is like one guy said guys pull the case cover and JB weld the hole so no more leaks, and just fill the case up to the exact amount of CC's it holds instead of using the check bolt hole...

Edited by BlackCR25098

That oil check bolt is bad news. You are screwing a steel bolt into an aluminum hole, it strips really easily. I like the time sert thread repair kits just go to amazon.com and do a search for time sert. You need to know what size thread it is. As long as you get the correct size bolt you can get one from a hardware store. I hate to do that though, I am picky and like all stock honda parts when it comes to nuts and bolts. Get it from a local honda shop if you can. If you order from an online honda dealership like cycle central or servicehonda.com you are going to pay $11-$15 for shipping on a $1 part. Once you get that bolt working properly, you will probably not have a leak. From your video I didn't see any other places that looked like they were leaking. The engine actually tells you exactly how much oil to put into it on the side of the clutch case. If you wanted to JB weld the hole shut, you could just tell any perspective buyer what you did, why you did it and show them the oil amount on the engine to make them feel OK about what you did. That IMO would be a last option though, if you can't get the bolt threads working correctly.

Yep the side of the case by where you fill up will have a number. Mine says 850cc, so I get my ratio rite measuring cup and always measure it out to 850 that way...and I always put a little more maybe 900cc but sure enough as soon as I get about 800 cc in the motor it starts coming out the drain hole so measuring it out like that is actually a more reliable way to change your gear oil instead of just waiting for a drip. You could tell the buyer that and just make sure they know how much to add with a measuring cup and all is well!!! Heli-coil can be a bitch! We had to do it to my tranny oil drain bolt on the bottom...NOT fun.

there are 2 seals in that area. the waterpump/oil seal. waterpump seal is behind the impeller which is just behind the waterpump cover. can be accessed from the out side.

the oil seal is inside behind the right crankcase cover. you pull that off the bike and look behind the waterpump drive wheel. i think you need to disassemble the whole waterpump area before access to the oil seal. once out, they are easy in.