Sign in to follow this  

Pit Bike chain HELP

Hey guys i just bought a pitbike off of craigslist and after about an hour of riding the chain fell off the dang sprocket, upon putting it back on i realized that the problem was the wheel was a bit crooked (no big deal) right? just simply adjust it? but thats hwere the problem comes, there is no chain tensionor on the bike! its simply an axle that goes through the swing arm, so in essance you have to pull the hweel back far enough to insure the chain is tight enough. so i pull the wheel back to the correct chain tightness, but everytime i tighten up the axle bolts, the wheel slides up and out of true. i just cant seem to find the perfect balance between a straight wheel and a tight chain. when the wheel is straight on the swingarm, the chain is too lose and vice versa when the chain is tight, the wheel is out of true again. any suggestion!?!?!

I had the same problem, get a chain with a main link to take it off and on while the wheel is on... or get someone to help you by holding the wheel in place. Hope this helps....

I had the same problem, get a chain with a main link to take it off and on while the wheel is on... or get someone to help you by holding the wheel in place. Hope this helps....

My wheel isn't even 100 true, its a tiny to the right...

My wheel isn't even 100 true, its a tiny to the right...

i know what you mean, i don't think i'll ever get it one hundred percent true, but its so off right now that the chain just pushes its self right off the sprocket, and surprisingly i do have the chain with the master link. so what do you recomend? removing the chain and pulling the wheel to its position, and then put the chain back on?

yes try putting the wheel on first, try to keep it back as far as possible imo. (because sounds you have 1 to many links in your chain)

if you can put a video up on youtube and show me it how bad it is off. might be able to help more. And or someone else will see your problem and know right away how to fix it.