Sign in to follow this  

Off road Trails near Deals Gap?

Anyone know where some good pretty agressive public trails are near Deals Gap? I know telico trails are closed. Myself and some friends are heading there june 1st to hammer the dragon, but we are taking are 18/21 setups for some hopefully good aggressive trail riding when the heat is in the Gap. Thanks

theres not a ton of aggressive offroad over there. its prettymuch all national forest. I can put ya'll on a killer day ride of twists, dirt, gravel and some singletrack but......you'll have to run it off a gps. do you have a gps where you can load tracks? Where will ya'll be staying over there?

No GPS, unless my smart phone counts. We will stay at the Gap Resort from Fri night on. Were driving down Friday so we can ride offroad Sat and Sun and maybe monday, then puting our 17's back on for dragon for few days while the gap is free of cops.

If you can borrow a mapping GPS I'll be glad to send you some tracks (BEST). Or if you want to buy some Nat Geo maps and mail them to me I'll be glad to mark them up for you. It's just too complex and vague of an area to explain......

May want to check out this spot for a base camp http://www.crawfordsattellico.com/index.html

Close to a lot of action spots (Road, Gravel, and Dirt.)

Danny the owner is a rider and can hook you up on some good spots to ride (has maps too). Ask him about "Hill of No Return", "Hamburger Hill" and other hot single trail spots.

Tell him "Wingam00" sent you and he will be sure to charge you more! :bonk:

If you can borrow a mapping GPS I'll be glad to send you some tracks (BEST). Or if you want to buy some Nat Geo maps and mail them to me I'll be glad to mark them up for you. It's just too complex and vague of an area to explain......

hey hey heey i love me some maps- and since someone mentioned smartphones- DualSportMaps is a great Anrdoid mapping/tracking/planning application. if/when ya'll setup some maps, PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM/EMAIL/WHATEVER !

thanks !

We will stay at the Gap Resort from Fri night on.

OK.....You mean the motel/store right there at the gap right?

PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM/EMAIL/WHATEVER !thanks !

No Prob...

You guys both PM me your email address and I'll sent you a day ride that bases out of the gap.

May want to check out this spot for a base camp http://www.crawfords....com/index.html

Close to a lot of action spots (Road, Gravel, and Dirt.)

Danny the owner is a rider and can hook you up on some good spots to ride (has maps too). Ask him about "Hill of No Return", "Hamburger Hill" and other hot single trail spots.

ell him "Wingam00" sent you and he will be sure to charge you more! :lol:

Thanks Wingam00, I'll check that link out. Sounds like a good time, and I'll drop the name and see what happens. :bonk:

Edited by yammaxx

ihatefalling, Yea were staying at the hotel/motel, and using the store as the starting point will be great! I'm sending you my email address. Thanks again.

hey hey heey i love me some maps- and since someone mentioned smartphones- DualSportMaps is a great Anrdoid mapping/tracking/planning application. if/when ya'll setup some maps, PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME VIA PM/EMAIL/WHATEVER !

thanks !

Thanks for info, im gonna check into that.