Boots For Stand Up Riding Style

It is with a heavy heart that I must abandon my beloved Tech 8s.

Bit I cannot countenance paying hundreds of dollars on a pair of boots that will no longer last me even two seasons before the sole is eaten through.

It wasn't like that in a old days. Now the sole if so soft that I take (stock) foot peg sized chunks out of a pair of boot soles in about a season and a half.

I tried a pair of Tech 7s. One year in they look ready for the bin in a month or two of use.

I don't ride motocross very often. So it's not like I'm landing from the sky on my foot pegs all the time. But I do ride a lot of woods and I stand up almost all the time.

I don't think that in this day and age that a 200 pound guy should wear out his size 13 boots every other year.

So. Is anyone aware of a boot with Tech 8 level protection (a tall order I know) that has a sole that isn't made of wet toilet paper?

Does anyone want a box full of destroyed size 13 boots? ?

What about Sidis with the SRS sole? I have the TA style Crossfires and love 'em. With the SRS, the sole is held on by screws and you can replace them yourself. Also, why not buy some replacement A-star soles and take em to your local cobbler and have 'em resoled?

I have at cuople hundred hours on my SG-10 and the soles still look great all things considered. They have seen miles and miles of whoops, some jumping, and thousands of miles of single track, most while standing. Lucky for me I use wide pegs and I don't sharpen them either.

I had the same problem with my a stars, tried Sidi Charger boots love them. I to ride almost all the time standing up, with Sidi 's i also got 2 sets of soles for about 20.00 ea. But so far after almost one year they still look pretty good, should need a resole around fall, then will be like new again.

It is with a heavy heart that I must abandon my beloved Tech 8s.

Bit I cannot countenance paying hundreds of dollars on a pair of boots that will no longer last me even two seasons before the sole is eaten through.

It wasn't like that in a old days. Now the sole if so soft that I take (stock) foot peg sized chunks out of a pair of boot soles in about a season and a half.

I tried a pair of Tech 7s. One year in they look ready for the bin in a month or two of use.

I don't ride motocross very often. So it's not like I'm landing from the sky on my foot pegs all the time. But I do ride a lot of woods and I stand up almost all the time.

I don't think that in this day and age that a 200 pound guy should wear out his size 13 boots every other year.

So. Is anyone aware of a boot with Tech 8 level protection (a tall order I know) that has a sole that isn't made of wet toilet paper?

Does anyone want a box full of destroyed size 13 boots??

not sure where to get boots but id take em if your giving em away lol i could probably find a useful pair to beat to death :bonk:

• 2 weeks later...

the inside of my tech10s where the plastic meets the black cushy leather material is coming off from rubbing on the frame...will they repair that or just removable parts?

Alpinestars, Inc.

Torrance, CA USA

ph. (+1) 310-891-0222 ext. 115

fax. (+1) 310-891-0299

email:p.support.us1@alpinestars.com

You need to CALL and ask. I believe you will get whats called an RMA# and then you have to ship them. I have heard the turn around is about 10 ten days. I guess its not a flat fee of $90 it could and most likely will be less.

Edited by stlavsa