Sign in to follow this  

CR500 rear wheel on a CRF450X ?

Anyone know if I can swap a CR500 rear onto a CRF450x? Are they a direct replacement?

I ask cause I might be doing some dune riding and I have a buddy with a spare cr500 rear with a paddle already mounted and would like to use that instead of buying a 18" paddle and wrestling my maxxis desert off my rim...

Anyone know if I can swap a CR500 rear onto a CRF450x? Are they a direct replacement?

I ask cause I might be doing some dune riding and I have a buddy with a spare cr500 rear with a paddle already mounted and would like to use that instead of buying a 18" paddle and wrestling my maxxis desert off my rim...

Yep, should fit. They are the exact same size... But your paddle tire might rub the mud guard or chain. Make sure to check it!

Is the axle diameter the same? It would definately depend on the year of the 500!

I dont think the axle dia. is the same. I had a 95' cr 500 that had an 18" w/excell rim and I tried to put it on my 04' 450r and it would not fit.

And if I remember correctly the axle dia was smaller on the cr500. Its been 8 years since I tried it so my memory is suspect.

So at some point Honda went with bigger bearings in the rear hubs.

Edited by Desert450