Sign in to follow this  

Price?

Hey everyone! Well after riding a two stroke my whole life I have finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2012 rmz450. It seems like these bikes are very available around me here in Wisconsin and most prices seem to be very consistent around 7600 OTD. I have found one place that is willing to sell me a 2012 for 7380 and 32 cents OTD. The thing that is bothering me though is that salesman told me he could get alittle more aggressive on the price to earn my business since I am driving about an hour to get to that dealer. Does this mean that he can drop the price quite a bit more or what? are the other dealers literally screwing me? What do you guys think, and what did you all pay for yours?

Thanks, Nate

if its brand new, and he's willing to go even lower then an already good price than i don't know what your still doing thinkin about it... GO GET IT!!! but seriously im not from America so i wouldn't know what a good price would be on the bike for your area. as long as its the best price you can get and theres nothing "fishy" about the transaction i think you should be good.

He may have meant the price he is giving you now is a little more agressive then what you are seeing, since you have to drive an hour or so. I guess I am not sue why you just dont go get it, that is a really good price.

thats a good price. when the 2011 came out, midwest action and nielsens wanted $8300!!! i wanst getting a BRO deal though.

i ended up with a leftover 2009, much, much cheaper

I got my 2012 rm-z450 for $6,900, otd 8,100. Thats a great price, but i live in california and everything is over priced.

I got my 2012 rm-z450 for $6,900, otd 8,100. Thats a great price, but i live in california and everything is over priced.

So is $8100 a good price here in Cal. I`m in N.Cal and was offered one for $8100 OTD. Got approved for loan but just couldn`t pull the trigger, wanted to think about it for a couple of days and make sure it was a decent deal. Are you in N.Cal or S.Cal. Thanks

I paid 8300 for my 11 but I had to get it shipped b/c the 2011 were IMPOSSIBLE to find in southern California. Go get that bike right now you will never look back

That is with the $700 incentive and 0 interest. Same dealer wanted 8650 last year for the `11 but there was only 3 left in the state so price might be more,so I bought the 2011 kx450 from him for $7300 OTD.

Edited by Tyge250

Hey everyone, sorry for the delayed response; ive been pretty bust this past week. Well i ended up getting a 2012! I totally overlooked a dealer 10 minutes from my house. I found out that this very sexy girl in one of my classes at school was a sales lady at sportland two in oakcreek wisconsin. Needless to say, i got a great deal! 7360 otd, 0% financing! i havent even rode thie bike yet, since its so cold here. Any of you rmz owners have any tips for me?

Hey everyone, sorry for the delayed response; ive been pretty bust this past week. Well i ended up getting a 2012! I totally overlooked a dealer 10 minutes from my house. I found out that this very sexy girl in one of my classes at school was a sales lady at sportland two in oakcreek wisconsin. Needless to say, i got a great deal! 7360 otd, 0% financing! i havent even rode thie bike yet, since its so cold here. Any of you rmz owners have any tips for me?

wow! i think thats a great deal congratulations!!! as for the bike, while its cold out and you cant go ridding (like myself) re-grease your swing-arm and ESPECIALLY the head bearings, those get very little grease from the factory and their not properly packed into the bearing. other than that, when you start riding make sure you set your sag (very important for handling and stability) and recheck this as you break the bike in. other than that have fun and be sure to post if you have any questions...

I just got my 2012 in central florida for $ 7400.00 OTD.

Maybe not the best deal out there but I'm Happy :bonk: with it.

No ride yet, Grease it up first then it's Party time.

damn, you need to take that chick out to dinner....thats one lucky price, time to get on a roll!!!!

Hey, everyone. Yea I think I got a really good price on the bike and I couldn't be happier with the overall buying experience. If anyone here is from wisconsin and is looking to buy a new zook; make sure you check out sportland2 in oak creek, wisconsin. As for the young lady, I wish that she would be willing to go to dinner, but I guess I will have to try my luck on that one. It's funny because I am a graduating Finance major, and she is an accounting major.. Could be a match made in heaven.... Back to the bike, how do you new rm-z owners break in the motors on your bike? Ive been a 2 stroke guy and I have to working knowledge on the most effective way to break in these engines.

follow the manual and after the first oil change i recommend putting in the 15w-50 as i said earlier. other than that, recheck your race sag occasionally (it will move a bit) other than that, maybe play a bit with the clickers until your happy and you should be in for an excellent experience!

my break i rode it like i normally would for 15 min, let it cool down 100 %. then repeated till there was 1.5 hrs changed oil and filter.

Thanks man. Does anyone on this forum live in the wisconsin area? I am always looking for fellow enthusiasts to ride with

I think you meant fellow enthusiasts to help break in your bike??? Seriously though, my son and I have been riding Racine Indoor every week (usually thursdays) this winter... Race Disrtict 16 Races on Sundays... Azzy, Tigerton ect.. Ride OHV in Fon du Lac often... And race every Friday night @ Gravity Park and have a ton of fun with a great group of guys... PM me your info and I can let you know when we're going next... (Plan on riding Racine Thursday)

Just to add to thread, I had been seeing RMZ450's for around $8300-8600 lately. A dealer just posted one in our area for $ 7600 OTD which includes the $ 700 rebate. Killer deal. I paid $8300 for mine last week in Bay Area, California.