Sign in to follow this  

Another coolant thread

I have used the orange "dex cool" compatible extened life coolant by Prestone (not the problematic GM branded Dexcool) for quite some time in a my motorcycles and cars with little issue. It used to state that it was silicate free but I cant locate that label anywhere on their new bottles last time i was in wally's (or else I am just blind). Anyone have any insight on this coolant remaining silicate free or not?

I used this stuff in my yz450 and it only boiled over once, but I was stuck in a rocky section and kept losing traction so I cant blame the coolant.

I have used the orange "dex cool" compatible extened life coolant by Prestone (not the problematic GM branded Dexcool) for quite some time in a my motorcycles and cars with little issue. It used to state that it was silicate free but I cant locate that label anywhere on their new bottles last time i was in wally's (or else I am just blind). Anyone have any insight on this coolant remaining silicate free or not?

I used this stuff in my yz450 and it only boiled over once, but I was stuck in a rocky section and kept losing traction so I cant blame the coolant.

never heard of it, sorry.. I run Engine Ice with oversized rads and 1.6bar cap on both my crf450's and never loose coolant. (use engine ice in my roadrace r6 bikes too :smirk: )