Sign in to follow this  

07 yz250f, should i disconnect the neutral switch? or no need to, did you?

The ECU is on the flywheel sensor board??? :bonk: What will those japs think of next?

I'll have to test and see if my switch is working. I don't think it is. I may just cap the hole if it isn't... Or I could do the indicator if I'm bored I guess. Come to think of it, a neutral indicator light alone might be a little handy.

Yes, what I gather from reading up on it, is that the ECU is integrated as a micro processor in that piece that sits just a few millimeters from the flywheel. I was a bit confused myself as to whether or not the micro processor was actually in that piece or on the actual CDI board itself. Now when I looked closely at mine, I noticed that the piece cannot be moved closer or further from the flywheel. Mine just has two drilled holes in the bracket, and it mounts the same distance from the flywheel every time. Can't get it wrong! Some that I have seen, have slotted mounts and can be adjusted closer or further from the flywheel depending on what your trying to achieve.

I suppose that there are aftermarket ECU's that can be bought and used, that have the slotted style mounting bracket, so that the pickup rate can be adjusted/altered by moving that piece closer or further from the flywheel. I can't imagine why one would want a weaker pickup reading by moving it further away from the stock flywheel; but, it may be for when one chooses to run a larger or heavier/lighter aftermarket flywheel I guess.

I thought your idea of having indicator lights for certain functions was interesting.

Edited by nokickstandsallowed

dang i dont know if mine is either? i red lined the bike in neutral then put it in gear and did it and i couldent tell, i will try again not soon cause i have neighbors and its cold out...

Should be easy enough to test the switch, just unplug it and throw a multimeter across the leads. Should be shorted in neutral and open in gear... My bike is in pieces ATM so I can't test it...