CA Emissions Reassembly Woes

First, I would like to thank everyone on this forum. As a newbie, I've learned so much from reading and from posting here. Thank you!

I removed my 2005 250x carb for the first time. I'm having trouble stuffing the breather hoses and the smog pump hose back in place. Specifically, I have the hoses connected (with the sub frame "up") but when I try to lower the subframe, the hoses get pinched and keep the subframe from coming all the way down. Is there a specific order or method I can use to connect the hoses? It seems impossible to connect the hoses after the subframe is down (though the service manual seems to suggest that it is possible.

TIA

Remove the header pipe and shock assembly. Then lower the subframe.

Installing the hoses and routing them will become incredibly easy. Plus you can inspect the air boot seal to be sure it is fitting correctly around the carb. Doing it this way gives you all the room you need to see what your doing.

To install the shock with the subframe down remove the rear most shock linkage bolt to the swing arm and the linkage will pivot out of the way. Shock will then drop in front the side. Attach the top shock bolt and swing the linkage back into place. Install head pipe and muffler and your back on track.

?

• Like 1

Ahhh, thank goodness for Thumper Talk! Will try it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Remove the header pipe and shock assembly. Then lower the subframe.

Installing the hoses and routing them will become incredibly easy. Plus you can inspect the air boot seal to be sure it is fitting correctly around the carb. Doing it this way gives you all the room you need to see what your doing.

To install the shock with the subframe down remove the rear most shock linkage bolt to the swing arm and the linkage will pivot out of the way. Shock will then drop in front the side. Attach the top shock bolt and swing the linkage back into place. Install head pipe and muffler and your back on track.

?