Sign in to follow this  

KTM bogging?

I just purchased a used 2008 250sx and it only had 5 hr on it. After starting it and letting it warm up, I go to ride it and it bogs and sounds like its coughing and weezing until about 1 minute then it clears out and runs like it should. I do not have old or low quality premix. I am concerned about racing because going off the line, it won't clean out until the first corner which gives me no chance of a holeshot. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix this?

Sounds like you letting the bike idle to long. What's happening is you bike is "loading up". All 2t will do this. You can jet it properly but it will do it still if you let it idle long again. Just not as severe.

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

I would also be willing to bet your pilot jet is plugged. If the bike has just sat for the last few years only getting fired up on occasion, there's a good chance the carb needs a serious cleaning!! Also take a look at the spark plug, then put a new one in it, warm up the bike, run it up and down the street a few times then pull the new plug and check it. Granted, if you don't know how to read a plug that won't do you much good.....

Edited by Wrfrk