Sign in to follow this  

250 SX-F or 250 XC-F Need advice

Been working hard and saving some money and about to let some go on a new bike.

Looking for advice between the 250 SX-F and 250 XC-F

C class vet rider.

60% moto and 40% offroad-(not much single track)

175 lbs. with gear.

What do you think?

Matt

seems like you spend more time on the track, why not go with the track bike. i ride a sxf in the woods and it's legit

personally id trade my sx for xc any day of the week. i dont track much at all but if there was one bike that crossed over well , the xc is supposed to be legit. another bonus , 6th gear.

bikes are practically the same xc-f offers elec. and kick start. and a little bigger fuel tank 2.51 vs sx of 1.98 and a xc has a 2 teeth taller rear gear 50 vs 48 and the xc has a kick stand

Where ever you read, people and reviews will say that the xc-f is a much better crossover platform than the sx-f. Even if you ride a bit more track, the xc will be much more compliant for those conditions then bringing an sx model to the woods. The suspension is plusher on the xc which is much better in the woods and will work just fine on the vet tracks since the jumps arent that major. The xc-f also comes with a 0.5 gallon larger tank, a kickstand, handguards, and semi wide transmission with a 6th gear vs 5