Sign in to follow this  

help deciding on a bike

i am 16 and looking for a bike that i can take on the track but also ride to work and school i really like the aprilia rxv450 but wanted to see what other options that i havnt thought of are out there and i would like to keep it under 4500 thats another reason why i like the aprilia

Worlds worst bike for a newbe. I know I got one, they are incredible but for an experienced rider who has a few bikes in his stable. How about a DR-xxx?

Why buy a Porsche when a VW will work just fine?

What type of track?? MX, no bike out there stock from a factory that's plated will be any good on a MX track. DS bikes have very soft suspension for MX. Now if your track is an enduro, you have alot of options.

KTM 450EXC-F

Huskvarana TE250, TE310, TE450, Te511, TE610

Yamaha WR250R

Beta 400RS, 450RS, 525RS

These bikes are all plated from the factory. The Yamaha is the most friendly bike on the list and should run the longest. It is also the weakest, least performing but still race worthily. There are other bikes but I would not use them for any track, Kawasaki KLX250S, Honda CRF230L, XR650L, Suzuki DRZ400, DR200, Yamaha XT225, XT250. All these bikes can be bought new/left over for your price. All these bikes have good mileage and will last a long time 20-30,000 miles.