Sign in to follow this  

nova scotian drz owners

i am new to the form wanted to say hi. i have a 08 sm with some bolt ons and also a dirt setup (will post pics later) would like to get a drz meet together some time and also wouldlike to know the best places to ride (i am in the halifax area but end up all over the place from time to time)

thanks

welcome to the sport(s).

We ride off-road with some from ns and pei: members from here and the maritime dual sport sites nbsdc, nsdsc-but tt is where you'll find all the info/howto's/been there done that for your bike and riding in general

Edited by drzrobbcanuck

On the darkside here. Got my white SM last summer.

Good rides:

• Waverley road
  • St. Margarets Bay Rd to Queensland
  • Lawrence down road to Porters lake
  • Beaverbank road (although it's a little rough at times)

We live in a great place with lots of coastal roads. Love the fresh smell of the ocean when cruising, especially on those hot days you can get a nice breeze.

The best advice I or anyone could ever give is to ride within your ability. Don't feel the need to push it in order to keep up with people you're riding with. You want to live to ride another day. (Not to mention you don't want to lose your license). Some guys out there are absolutely nuts.

Wearing a ballistic or leather jacket is highly recommended. I know people ride with t-shirts, hoodies or whatever, but really... get some protection.

If you haven't done the course, I'd recommend it (http://www.safetyservicesns.ca). It's about $450 for a full weekend of riding around cones, doing emergency stops/avoidance etc. Also gives you a break on your insurance. Many experience riders will do this course every few years for a refresher.

thanks for all the info i know that proper riding gear is importan i have it all (jacket gloves foot wear ect.) we will have to meet up for a ride some day

lets see some pics of the local drzs soo i i see you i can come say hi

here is some of mine if you see me on the road come say hi

DSCF6337.jpg

DSCF6320.jpg