Sign in to follow this  

Tires...

Since this is a supspension forum and tires are directly related to suspension I figured it suitable to post my question(s) here. I would like to know(from your experiences, not guessing) what happens when you run a soft terrain tire in non-soft terrain? Obviously its going to wear down like a toothpick being dragged across a sidewalk, BUT I am after a different result. Do they tend to hook up and grab better? Not so much the rear(its stupid to run a soft rear tire in anything but soft terrain!) but the front is my main concern. I am sick of my tire washing out, and I have tuned my fork clickers to the best of my ability. Fork work is in the cards, but until then I want a new front tire. All the soft terrain front tires have just pure nasty looking knobs. I am seriously about to buy a Bridgestone M101 front tire for my YZ250. I ride everything...trails, track, occasional sandy stuff etc. you name it. I am not looking to solve a suspension issue with a tire, just curious if anyone out there has ever done what I am talking about and their results :smirk:

Yes it doesnt work as soft terrain tires have stiff knobs and they wash out more, get the correct Tyre

Here is my input. I have a 06 yz250. Here in AZ it’s very slippery. I ride single track and a lot of rocks. I tried Bridgestone M603/604(hard terrain) and they last good but when new they are very slippery but are good in the rocks and when they ware they have good traction but my front felt like it wanted to wash out a lot. So I then tried Bridgestone M403/404(Intermediate to hard terrain) and they were much better everywhere and lasted good as well. I normally change my front tire when I put my 3rd rear tire on. So I wanted to try the Bridgestone M203/204 (soft terrain) and man they hook up great but with the rocks I ride they started to chunk pretty quick and I think I got 1 front tire to 1 or 2( can’t remember) rear. So I just ordered the Bridgestone M403/404 and I most likely will stick with that combo. Also I use a 90/100/21 for the front. I feel I get better traction in turns with the bigger front. I hope this helps. Just to let you know I think the Bridgestone M101 is for sand and I would not recommend that unless you only ride sand or silt.

Here is my input. I have a 06 yz250. Here in AZ it’s very slippery. I ride single track and a lot of rocks. I tried Bridgestone M603/604(hard terrain) and they last good but when new they are very slippery but are good in the rocks and when they ware they have good traction but my front felt like it wanted to wash out a lot. So I then tried Bridgestone M403/404(Intermediate to hard terrain) and they were much better everywhere and lasted good as well. I normally change my front tire when I put my 3rd rear tire on. So I wanted to try the Bridgestone M203/204 (soft terrain) and man they hook up great but with the rocks I ride they started to chunk pretty quick and I think I got 1 front tire to 1 or 2( can’t remember) rear. So I just ordered the Bridgestone M403/404 and I most likely will stick with that combo. Also I use a 90/100/21 for the front. I feel I get better traction in turns with the bigger front. I hope this helps. Just to let you know I think the Bridgestone M101 is for sand and I would not recommend that unless you only ride sand or silt.

Thanks this is the kind of feedback I was looking for. This will help allot.