Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Bubba's Words

If he keeps getting results like this, which is very likely given his recent record, at some point he's going to have to admit that snagging the championship this year is simply not going to happen. As for matching/beating McGrath's SX wins, well, that's not very likely anytime soon either.

I'm a big fan of Stewart, but his heart is not in it anymore, and because of that he's making serious mental mistakes every race. I don't think the Yamaha suits him well, but he's shown that he can turn fast laps on it and win. Still love having him in the mix, but Poto and Reed have the desire and mental edge at this point.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Stewart, but his heart is not in it anymore, and because of that he's making serious mental mistakes every race. I don't think the Yamaha suits him well, but he's shown that he can turn fast laps on it and win. Still love having him in the mix, but Poto and Reed have the desire and mental edge at this point.

I would agree. I was reading another post, a Yamaha bashing post, and they were comparing his rides on Kawi with the Yamaha, saying that he won alot on the Kawi, and now is not winning. He was also into it then, and was racing year round. Now (at least the last two years), he's racing Supercross only, taking the rest of the year off, and is distracted by the limelight with his tv show and lots of other distractions.

Reed didn't think the Kawi suited him, and maybe Stewart doesn't match up well with the Yamaha. But, neither bike sucks, it's trying to find the right match for the rider's style.

Unfortunately, he lost a few good years of his career with his Supercross only contract, and as he ages, it will be harder and harder to win.

I would agree. I was reading another post, a Yamaha bashing post, and they were comparing his rides on Kawi with the Yamaha, saying that he won alot on the Kawi, and now is not winning. He was also into it then, and was racing year round. Now (at least the last two years), he's racing Supercross only, taking the rest of the year off, and is distracted by the limelight with his tv show and lots of other distractions.

Reed didn't think the Kawi suited him, and maybe Stewart doesn't match up well with the Yamaha. But, neither bike sucks, it's trying to find the right match for the rider's style.

Unfortunately, he lost a few good years of his career with his Supercross only contract, and as he ages, it will be harder and harder to win.

I think Stewarts age and years in the sport are working against him more than anything. He is plenty fast and highly competitive, but past his prime years (according to history). He'll win some races, and crash spectacularly trying to keep the pace. I wish the other riders with go for it like he does.

unfortunately for him, many of his prime years were spent battling it out with either RC or CR. It made for some great racing. I could say the same about CR having to race against James and Ricky. Beating McGrath's record was just a goal, or a dream. Nobody ever thought it would happen. Too bad James opened up and shared his dream with everyone. Now they hold it against him, which is not fair.

Those sx only contracts and the break he took probably prolonged his involvement in the sport. He was burned out.

All the James talk doesn't matter. Its RV's time now. He's in is prime, he's dialed in , his team is dialed in. He's on a different level than the others. Chad will outsmart him occasionally, James will beat him occasionally, but right now, nobody is better.

• Like 1

if everybody rode reckless we would have our stars crashing out of the championship a lot of the time , that wouldn't be very good IMO

I think Stewarts age and years in the sport are working against him more than anything. He is plenty fast and highly competitive, but past his prime years (according to history). He'll win some races, and crash spectacularly trying to keep the pace. I wish the other riders with go for it like he does.

unfortunately for him, many of his prime years were spent battling it out with either RC or CR. It made for some great racing. I could say the same about CR having to race against James and Ricky. Beating McGrath's record was just a goal, or a dream. Nobody ever thought it would happen. Too bad James opened up and shared his dream with everyone. Now they hold it against him, which is not fair.

Those sx only contracts and the break he took probably prolonged his involvement in the sport. He was burned out.

All the James talk doesn't matter. Its RV's time now. He's in is prime, he's dialed in , his team is dialed in. He's on a different level than the others. Chad will outsmart him occasionally, James will beat him occasionally, but right now, nobody is better.

I will admit that I do hold Stewarts statement or dream of passing McGrath's record of SX wins against him, but not for the reason you think. He "boasted" that he was going for the SX record. If he would have said that he always wanted to try to surpass McGrath's SX record, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But when you boast about going after a record, then you've got to back it up!! Otherwise, people will turn against you, and think of you as Arrogant. That's my point of view anyhow. And what do I know, I'm just an enthusiast. Maniac

I will admit that I do hold Stewarts statement or dream of passing McGrath's record of SX wins against him, but not for the reason you think. He "boasted" that he was going for the SX record. If he would have said that he always wanted to try to surpass McGrath's SX record, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But when you boast about going after a record, then you've got to back it up!! Otherwise, people will turn against you, and think of you as Arrogant. That's my point of view anyhow. And what do I know, I'm just an enthusiast. Maniac

He said it, but never boasted it. He never said he was better that McGrath. He just said he wanted to break that record.

Its symantics. You could probably examine his exact words and see him as either confident or cocky. I think part of it also is that everyone holds McGrath and RC in such high regard that they don't want to see those records challenged. James believes (or believed) that he could do it. What's wrong with thinking that. He most certainly gives everyone something to talk about and also to pay attention to. He's a little cocky for sure, but not over the top at all.